Chapter eight

Adrian's POV

"Your lying"
Her voice is breathy but still echoing through the walls of kitchen. I have mastered my poker face from a very young age. Nonno always taught me how not to show emotions on your face or to let anyone judge you by letting them see your expressions. It was a part of my training of becoming what I am today, Don.

And here this little girl totally unaware of my reality says I am lying with such confidence making think how she has figured it out. It's like with her beautiful chocolate brown eyes she has peeked into my mind and soul. I chuckle at her daring. I need to know more about her and for that I have a deal for her.
"I have a offer for you." She turns around with a cute frown on her face and annoyed eyes for not answering her previous question. Leaning onto to counter she crosses her arms, unconsciously which lifts up her boobs. Fuck!
"About what?"
"Regarding your job. What's your qualification and experience?" Her frown deepens.
"I know you are related to Mr Romano but other than that I know nothing about you, I won't tell you anything till you tell me yours." Fair enough!!
"Let's play 20 questions on our way to your apartment."
"Let's make it 10 questions and I have nothing to wear it's the only thing I have right now." She says quietly.

She's looking so fucking sexy in my clothes, I want nothing but to run my hands on her long smooth legs. Blush crept upon her neck and ear tips as she sees me checking out her . The lift dings up averting her attention towards the intruder. I know no one can come up here except me, Dad, and Marco. Walking towards the living room, I know it's Marco, it's the dress that I have ordered him to pick up for her. Greeting me with a nod of respect he hands me the bags, turning to her he passes his one of the rearest of smiles to her. She waves a small hello.

"Be ready in ten minutes." Giving her the bags I turn towards my room for a shower and change. I hear her gasp and then her run to her room. Marco and me chuckles seeing her antics. It only took me few minutes to join Marco in the living room.

"Tony is having a lead on Vipers." Marco informs me.
"Good, another small hit is been done by them at the drug exchange point."
"Hmm.. So how's she?" He asks looking towards the hallway where her room is. I know he is concerned about her, last night when they took him to one of our cells here in Manhattan, he was barely concious, few broken ribs and tattered face.
"She has thanked me a million times for helping her and all. I want her to  work for Tentazione as finance manager." I inform him and totally know his reaction to it.
"Why are you bringing her to our world? She is just as innocent as a new born, she won't be able to handle it." He sighs heavily and standing hearing the heels clicking on the floor.  I know she is an innocent, naive girl but only being in the back office doing paper work won't harm her, she doesn't have to know who I am or what we do.

Turning to her she stuns me once again. A simple purple colour spaghetti dress yet looking so gorgeous reaching mid thighs with black heels and a hair tied in a loose bun with tandrils on her face. Even her bruises are fading but still there.Her face bare from any makeup cuz she doesn't need any. Her neckline showing a hint of clevage much to my imagination. Her cheeks become crimson from my intense stare.
"Thank you for the dress Marco, it's lovely." Giving him a million dollar smile, which she hasn't given me once.
"Your welcome Piccola rosa. Let's go" Marco says making her confused on her nickname.
(Translation: Little rose)
Clenching my jaw I nod and enter the elevator, in middle it's Rose on her right Marco and her left it's me. The body hugging dress is enchanting her curves, her ass which so inviting I want to grab and squeeze it hard.
"figlio di puttana, non potresti prendere un altro vestito" grunting to Marco but still eyeing her ass. He silently chuckles. Reaching the garage, Marco slides into driver's seat and we sit on the backseat.
(Translation: Motherfucker you couldn't get another dress)

Checking my mail I can feel her stare on me. "What?" I ask without looking at her, she gasped.
"You told we'll play 20 questions but if your busy it's totally fine."
"Ask away" sliding my phone in my pocket, looking at her but trying not to glance at her clevage or legs. Damn Marco!!!
Her face adornes with a cute smile.
"Um I have figured you are a businessman but what industry are you?"
"IT holdings, hotel chains and clubs." Her mouth formed o shaped with wide eyes.
"My turn, what's your work experience?"
"I was a bank employee in Devenport for almost three years." Lowering her eyes and in a quiet voice she says. After a minute of silence she looks into my eyes and asks the only question she wanted the answer to.
"Did you hit him?" Her voice desperately asking for an answer.
I kept staring her looking into her chocolate eyes, in sunlight one could see some golden specks too in them.
"Yes, I spare no one who misbehaves with my close ones. Didn't I tell you no one's gonna hurt you anymore."
She sighs heavily and sniffes.
"Please Adrian I don't want you get into any kind of trouble, he's a  disgusting vile man. What if he goes to police and report, rent was due and it was his right to ask for it, it was my fault for being late maybe he was in need of some urgent money," wiping her tears she continues her rambling "You're a good man, well respected I- I just don't want you get in problems, promise me you won't do anything which will cause you or your business into any damage" looking into my eyes with such vulnerability asking for an assurance.
"Firstly, that piece of shit doesn't deserve your kindness he deserves what he got and for me he's nothing but the dirt on my shoes and secondly I promise I won't touch him again."
Giving me a small smile she says a faint thank you.

"So, boyfriend?" Just to be sure I ask that no one's hanging around her neck all the time.
"No, do you?" with a blush.
"What a boyfriend??" Raising an eyebrow.
She giggled like a school girl. "No, I mean any girlfriend or any relationship?"
"I don't do relationships"
She just looks at me with those eyes, making want to peek in her mind and see what she's thinking.
"Who all are in your family?" It takes a moment to register her mind about my question. It freezes her, I can see flashback reels in her eyes. Her mind taking back to her old times.
"We're here." Marco quips. And in a flash she is out of the car.
Fuck!!

--------------
Vote and comment