53. Men in talk

Logan

I think it's high time I tell Olivia a story from my past. Although there isn't much to tell about me, I believe that opening up to each other will strengthen the bond we have formed. It will strengthen our relationship. "Can we lie down?"Olivia suggested.

"Why?" I asked, my brows creasing.

"I want to be wrapped up in your arms while you tell me the whole story." I couldn't help but smile in return.

"Alright then. Let's lie down." We shifted our bodies. I rested my back on the bedrest, wrapping my arms around her body, while Olivia rested hers atop my chest.

"Are you comfortable?" I asked to be sure. Her baby bump was visible now, and she hummed in return.

I took in a deep breath, preparing myself for the revelation. "I'm an only son to my mother," I started. I knew she already knew that, but I felt the need to say everything.

"My mother is one of the strongest and most kind-hearted people I've ever seen. She's someone I look up to in every possible way. She has a heart of gold, the same heart that lured my father with its charms. It was love at first sight," I chuckled lightly, recalling the way my mother had always talked about her love life. Father was her everything.

"Life had been smooth with my mother. She found her first love in my father, and they promised to stick to each other forever. However, destiny had a different plan for them, at least for that moment. My mother and father were supposed to get married, but something happened, and my father married another woman instead, who became Scott's mother." Olivia looked at me quickly, probably not expecting to hear this.

I chuckled bitterly. "He still ended up marrying my mother, but he was a different person to her when he did. The love they once shared, the promises they made to each other, were no longer there. He changed his ways towards her, and she became a burden to him. It got worse when I came into the world. I know I was my father's son, but just in name. He showed no affection, but he wanted the world to know about his son. And because I took after my mother, I was very brilliant, which my father used to his advantage. One day..." I paused to exhale sharply.

"That day changed everything. I saw my father raise his hand on my mother." Olivia jolted up instantly, now facing me with pity in her eyes. I didn't want her to pity me.

"When I tried to intervene, my father somehow pushed me, and I fell on broken glass that had shattered on the floor, probably due to their argument. That was how I got these scars. They were deep because the object had penetrated through my skin."

"Oh my God, Logan... I... I don't..." Olivia's eyes welled up as she tried to find the right words. She wanted to comfort me.

"I didn't know you went through such trauma, Logan." She finally let the tears slip from her eyes.

I cracked a smile, pinching the bridge of her nose. "You are such a crybaby. I'm fine, you know."

"No, you're not," She declared. "You are not okay, Logan. Your eyes say it all. Don't give me that fake smile. Let it all out. I'm here for you. We are here for each other. I..." She was overwhelmed, running her hand through her hair.

"I'm such a bad wife. Why didn't I ask about this a long time ago?"

I rested my hands on both of her shoulders. "That was because I didn't let you in. I was afraid you wouldn't see me the same way anymore."

She threw me a glare. "Are you crazy? Why would I see you differently because of your past? We all have our pasts. I'm glad you decided to open up to me, something I had been trying to make you do." She leaned forward, closing the distance between us. She cupped my face in her palms, pressed a light kiss on my lips, and then looked into my eyes.