16

"Ari? Are you okay?" Gareth asked in a softer voice, understanding Arella was mentally struggling. He didn't need her to answer at that point. The whole story was too much for her to process, so it was only natural for the girl to change again. "Come here"

"I wanna go see him"

"I know, let's go. Your daddy's probably doing some boring work stuff"

Gareth took Ari in his arms letting her play with his fur, something he knew she loved doing. He had also noticed the girl was a little shy about that sometimes, but Gareth found it soothing. Specially because her hands were soft.

They passed next to some demons that Ari was used to seeing, like the spider-like one. She now knew that he was a high range creature that worked for Lucifer, and even though he was still super scary, Arella felt safe all the time. However. There were other demons she couldn't even see, resulting in her hiding her face on Gareth's chest.

"Hi princess" Lucifer welcomed Ari with a smile on his face (which wasn't so common for him) once he saw her. He took her from Gareth's arms and she immediately hugged him, loving his perfume and the way he held her. It was as if nothing could ever hurt the girl, not even the demonic creatures in Hell.

"Hi Daddy" she excitedly said.

While Lucifer was holding Ari listening to her blabbering about her playtime with Gareth and nonsense, he couldn't help but to think it'd be impossible for them to make Heaven think she was a bad person. The plan was just stupid. His little girl was the purest soul ever, and all she could do was making everyone instantly like her for the way she was.

"That's amazing, baby. Did you have fun?"

"Yes! Gareth told me all about you being an angel! Were you an angel before, daddy?"

Lucifer stared at his friend with pink eyes wanting to kill him for being so irresponsible and telling Ari about that horrible story he hated so much. Not only was it humiliating for him, but he also felt infuriated now that Michael had been there to remind him of it. And he certainly didn't want his princess to know the details of such bloody and violent war.

"She was going to know about it sooner or later. We wouldn't be able to hide it from her"

"I didn't ask you for advice. Why did you tell her?"

"Don't worry, Lucifer. I skipped details" Gareth winked at him and Lucifer sighed in annoyance. His friend was right and he knew it.

He decided not to worry about it too much then, and talked to his little girl again.

"Yes, princess. Daddy was an angel once, but let's not talk about it now. Why don't you tell me what you feel like eating? I'll tell Amos to prepare something for you"

"Yes!"

...

"My Lord" Back in Heaven, Michael wanted to speak with him regarding everything that had happened.

"Hello, Michael. I believe there's something you wish to tell me"

"Yes, well... it's about Arella Hart"

The Lord looked at him softly and waited for him to continue, despite Michael feeling anxious and confused to say the least.

"I went to that place, and I found the girl. But surprisingly she wasn't hurt or scared at all, my Lord. She even stayed with Lucifer as if nothing was wrong at all, and- yes, at first I thought it could all be fake... but it did not seem like it"

"I see" He didn't say much for a couple seconds. He truly believed in Michael's words, and even though it was super hard to understand, maybe Lucifer had done something that crazy. "Would you be willing to stay there for a little while?"

"Stay... in Hell? My Lord that is- I would not go against your orders but..."

"It will only be for a short period of time. Just enough for Lucifer to mess up. Arabella belongs in here, Michael. Even if she somehow enjoys being there with him, that is no place for her at all" he sighed. "I know this sounds bad, but we need her to get out of that place"

"As you wish, my Lord. I will be back as soon as I can"