Letter

Present time

 Claude's POV

I have been sitting here for an hour now trying my best to finish these useless papers. If only those pesky dogs stopped being greedy and destroying my empire then I wouldn't have this much work. I looked at Felix working on the other half of the paper stack, he looked very focused and eager to finish. "Good thing Felix did these kinds of things before or else I would've end up finishing in a week" I thought to myself until I heard someone laughing coming from the window.

I stood up and I looked through the window seeing my baby daughter running through the garden. My daughter who not long ago tried killing Diana but is now one of my most beloved people next to my wife. My daughter is very bright, joyful, and pretty considering how she got those traits from Diana. "Your majesty, if you keep staring at the window then we won't be able to finish this and you won't be able to see lady Diana and the princess" Felix spoke. I turned back and sighed seeing how I have to go back to work.

Later that night

Diana's POV

 I walked through the halls within the palace only to see a rose petal lying on the marble floor. I picked it up and I saw another one falling down. I tilted my head in confusion and picked them  up yet again until I saw another one again. "What's happening?" I stood up and then I followed it seeing how I gave up collecting them. I ended up in a big flower garden on the other side of the palace. I felt outstandish seeing the untouched garden. 

"What a fragrant smell" I smiled smelling the beautiful flowers that I'm holding, I saw a gleaming light near the old broken fountains. I started walking towards it to see what is the cause of it. I saw a golden box, the exterior was filled up with beautiful gems, pearls, and some diamonds traced with some glittering lace over it. I was mesmerized by it and I opened it seeing there's a single letter inside it. I lifted up the letter and opened it and was shocked by the contents of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My beloved Diana, 

I am very happy to have you as part of my life. You are the reason why I'm like this and I don't regret it. You are very beautiful, so beautiful that even the heavens and the earth would not disagree. No rubies nor diamonds can compare to you as you are one of a kind. The kind of woman who is very intelligent, brave, and gorgeous at the same time. You are like the sunshine in my darkest time. I am yours truly and no one can change that. As I belong to you and you only.

No matter what happens, I will never, not in a thousand tragic outcomes, ever regret loving you. Thank you for being there for me when I'm stupid enough to think I'd rather be alone. Thank you for giving birth to our lovely daughter. Thank you for everything and I truly mean it. Even if you break my heart a thousand times if you like, It was only yours to break anyway.

The passion I feel for you grows stronger with each passing day, my love. It is difficult to imagine my life without you because you are the one who rules it. 

Sometimes, words are not enough to express the best feelings. My darling, I have developed a fancy for you that transcends words and fills my soul with happiness. I want you to know that you are like a dream come true to me, and with you in my arms, I feel so complete and happy. Thank you for choosing and loving me beyond conditions.

Love, Claude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I read the whole letter and started to tear up and then I suddenly heard someone approaching me. I looked back and saw Claude holding a big bouquet full of roses. I gasped and rubbed my eyes making sure that I was not dreaming. He hugged me and kissed my cheek and put his hand on my face wiping off the tears that fell. "Claude" I said looking directly into his eyes. "I see that you read my letter already, I was planning to give you that tomorrow but you raced me out of it." He said chuckling and once again kissed my forehead. 

"I love you" He said hugging me tightly and rubbing my back. I buried my face in his body and hugged him back. Oh how lovely it is to have a romantic husband. He let go and gave the flower to me, I lightly flicked his forehead knowing why he did this. "Forgive me for talking back at you my love" He said rubbing his head on my shoulders not wanting to let me go. "Ok ok I get it, I forgive you" I responded. 

The next morning

Claude's POV

I woke up by Diana hugging me tightly in our bedroom. I looked around the room to see that the sun haven't risen yet. I scratched my head and looked at my Diana sleeping peacefully. I covered her with a blanket and cuddled with her. "I think this would be okay for a little while" I thought as I started to drift away. 

An hour later~

I felt someone shaking my body and hitting me lightly. "Papa Papa wake up" a little girl's voice said while shaking me. I slightly opened my eyes and I saw two figures laughing, I rubbed my eyes and focused on the sight in front of me. " Claude dear, wake up it's already past 9" Diana said while caressing my cheek. I grabbed her hand and kissed the back of her hand. I sat up and said good morning to them. "Papa let's eat breakfast" Athanasia said hugging my waist. I smiled at her and patted her head. "Look who's hungry" I said snickering at her in a playful way.  She just glared at me and went to her mom.

Diana just laughed and said "Brush your teeth and we will wait for you at the dining table." I stood up and went to the bathroom. After some time, I started to walk up to the dining table to see Felix outside the door. "Good day your majesty" Felix said in his cheerful tone. I just nodded at him and he opened the door. I saw my two girls sitting and waiting for me to arrive. I asked the maids to prepare the food and we started eating. 

"How about leaving athy in your care for a little while?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I know it's been a month and I haven't posted anything yet so here am I. I have had this on my draft for a long time now and I just can't feel any emotions in this story, I don't know if you get it but I feel like as the writer of this story, this chapter feels bland? but I hope you enjoyed this new chapter and I'm sorry for the delay.