Chapter 1

Once upon a time in the advanced city of Canterlot founded by Equestria populated with ponies, there was a mauve purple unicorn with indigo mane and tail who was lying on the grassy floor. She was reading a book implying the history of Equestria and about the two regal sisters who ruled it.

In the story, the two sisters kept the harmony in balance for all the land. To do this, the elder sister used her alicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn while the younger sister brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintain the balance for their subjects of the unicorns, Earth ponies and Pegasi. As the time went on however, the younger sister became resentful as she noticed the ponies relished and played the days her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her radiant nights. One day, the younger mare refused to lower the moon to make for the dawn. Tried as the elder sister could reason, the bitterness within the young one's heart has transformed her into the wicked vessel of fathom and darkness; Nightmare Moon. Once the transformation is complete, she vowed she would shroud the land with eternal night.

Reluctantly, the elder alicorn sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to pony kind; the Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements, the elder alicorn defeated her younger sister and banished her to the moon for a long time. The elder one took on the responsibilities of both sun and moon and harmony has been maintained for generations since the event.

As she finished reading the part of history book, the unicorn mare contemplated about the Elements of Harmony. She closed the book, put it in her saddle bag and getting up before leaving her reading spot. Making her way to her destination, her path was blocked by a group of three unicorn mares.

"There you are, Twilight," greeted the white mare. "Moondancer is having a little get-together party in the west castle courtyard. Do you wanna come?"

"Sorry girls," winced Twilight. "I got a lot of studying to catch up on."

Instantly, Twilight trotted away from the three mares. Disappointment written on their faces.

The white unicorn scoffed. "Does that pony ever do anything except studying?"

"I think she's more into books than friends," replied the yellow unicorn, the blue unicorn nodded with agreement. Before long, the three soon walked in the opposite direction.

Sprinting, Twilight arrived to the tower where she stayed and studied in most of her time. Once entered, she looked around until she spotted a purple and green dragon sitting up as he was hit by the front doors. Without hesitations, Twilight rushed upstairs to the upper floor decorated with shelves of books o' plenty.

As the purple dragon joined her, Twilight noticed a present on his tail. "Spike, what's that for?"

"Well, this was a gift for Moondancer but," Spike paused as he pulled the present from his tail. Thus, the broken teddy bear fell out.

"You know we don't have time for that sort of thing. Quick, help me find the copy of Predictions and Prophecies."

"But we're on a break."

Using her magic, Twilight pulled books from shelves. One by one, she looked the titles but none of are the ones she was searching for. Fortunately, Spike already found the book from the other shelf. He climbed the ladder before he was suddenly been pulled by Twilight's magic. Dropping the rest of the books, Twilight kept hold of the book of Prophecies and Predictions. She opened the book and start looked through until she paused at the chapter of the Elements of Harmony.

"Elements of Harmony, see Mare in the Moon," Twilight asked.

Even Spike was puzzled as he was placing the books back on the shelves. "But that's just an old pony's tale."