Chapter 22: The Search For Amelia

April 2015

When you arrived at the hospital in Tulsa, Cass was waiting for you out the front of the main entrance. It looked like he had been pacing back and forth on the footpath and you were curious as to why he wasn't with Claire already.

"Hey Cass. How is she?" You asked as you stepped up next to him.

"I don't know..." Cass answered quietly. "I haven't gone up yet."

Obviously frustrated with his response, you grilled him with, "What? Why not?"

Rather than explaining himself, the angel began to look at you strangely and this time you weren't the only one to notice it. "Cass? What's wrong?" Dean asked for you as his hand moved to rest behind your back.

Cass turned to Dean and then back to you, watching closely. You had the feeling that the glow on your skin had changed again and growing impatient, you straight out asked him. "Am I glowing again or something?"

"Um. Yes... You are... But we agreed you would keep me updated in regards to the protection spell and your scars. So I take it nothing new has happened?" He now turned to Sam as well, including him in the conversation as he had been there when the angel had asked you to keep him in the loop.

The only thing new that had happened, was your relationship with Dean moving to the next step. And while you were still wondering how to answer, you felt Dean's hand press firmly against your back. It was the affirmative signal you had both agreed to. Although in this instance you weren't quite sure what he meant.

You found out when Dean spoke up though, confidently informing the angel on what had happened between you. "Cass. She and I are together now." The angel looked at him confused, forcing Dean to explain more. "We're past the courting and the dating. She's my girlfriend."

"Oh... I see." Cass begun. "It doesn't really explain why you're glowing though..."

"No, but it's the only thing that's different, um, new about me..." You added. "Do we really need to talk about the glowing? Cause I really just want to go and see how Claire is..."

Sam finally jumped in on the conversation and stepped forward, gesturing you all to step inside the hospital. "Good idea Glowworm. If they want to keep discussing it I'll go with you..."

"No, no..." Dean gently nudged you forward. "I'm good. Cass? Let's go."

"Right. Of course." Cass replied with one last glance at you.

The four of you stepped into the hospital building. Sam leading the way towards the room number he had written down earlier that day. It was nearing five o'clock and you hoped that visiting hours were still happening.

When you reached the door to Claire's room, the men let you go ahead. Dean at the rear as he was apprehensive about seeing Claire again. During the car ride to Tulsa, he had told you that he was probably the last person the teenager wanted to see. And while you and Sam both knew where he was coming from, you had made sure to let him know that you appreciated the effort he was putting in for you.

You knocked twice, before hearing her voice on the other side call back. "Yeah."

Opening the door, you peaked your head inside and smiled when you finally caught her eye. "Hi..." You spoke quietly. "How're doing?" You asked as you stepped inside the room.

Claire smiled at you as you walked over to the bedside. She was about to greet you in return and raised her arms up to give you a hug, when she saw the three men accompanying you, enter the room too.

Her arms instantly came back down again, and she glared towards them. "What're they doing here?"

"Awesome." You heard Dean loudly sigh.