The Inter Elementals - Story Update

Update - May 13th, 2024

Hello, my TIES! (That sounded better in my head...)

I'm making steady progress in finishing Chapter 2 at the moment. With any hope, I'll have it out by the weekend. If not; next week.

Admittedly, I'm finding it more challenging to feel inspired writing TIE chapters in comparison to A Lumen Ripple, the previous book. Now that the initial mania for Elemental has died down, I think it introduces some interesting pros and cons for TIE;

A Lumen Ripple came about when Elemental was the fad, so of course, TIE won't get as many "hits". It's a bit of a shame, in some regard; I'm not a fan of burning myself out for something that ultimately won't feel as inspired as a result of lacking that extra oomph in readership. Not that "reads are the only things that matter", but I feel that part of the reason ALR took 3 months was due to the unprecedented support. My lifestyle now is also far different to what it was back then; barely a year ago, mind you. I find myself with much less time, so ultimately, TIE will take more time to do. Another elephant in the room; the spectre of following up ALR is slightly daunting.

In saying that, there isn't as much pressure to deliver something readers want. I can be a bit more creative with how TIE will go, and where it'll sit in the Elemental fandom. After seeing a lot of fans wanting certain things to happen in the "Elemental-verse"; such as Wade and Ember settling down, having kids, etc, I knew I wanted to set myself apart as a writer working with this world. So, perhaps expect some different twists and turns on TIE.

TOO, signing off :)

-----

Update - May 11th, 2024

Finally, 6 months (to the day!) after announcing this, the first chapter of TIE is up! Entitled "Ignis Irae (the Fire of Anger)", we delve into the world of TIE with some existentialist jargon! Woohoo!

I'd also like to address that this book's taken a lot more work to set up than I'd anticipated, especially considering it has to follow A Lumen Ripple, a great book, in my eyes. That, and I just didn't write for months. Sorry about that!

The Elemental hype train has certainly died down, seeing that it's nearly been a year since the movie's release. That, and Inside Out 2 is coming out! But, all good things must come to an end, hey?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter! Welcome to TIE! <3

-----

Update - May 9th, 2024

New cover! Who dis?

By the way, that time is nearing...

-----

Update - May 7th, 2024

Guess which silly-billy became a busy bee? This silly bee!

If you're wondering why I took a 6-month sabbatical from The Interelementals, it's because ya boi became a full-time corporate slave! When first starting The Interelementals or TIE for short, I didn't have the energy to put in. 4 months of full-time daily grind on ALR was enough!

However, I've been reading through A Lumen Ripple after some time away again recently, and yeah... I can understand why you guys want a sequel now.

So, guess what?

I sat down and got myself reacquainted with the TIE drafts...

I'm happy to report that progress has been made, and the first part of TIE isn't too far off from completion, so we might be getting some TIE action sooner than we think!

But! ...and there's a big butt. There's gonna be more time between chapter releases. 

Once the ball is rolling, I'm hoping to get a chapter published at least once a week. It could be two in a week or one in two weeks.

But, I want to give you guys what you've been waiting so patiently for; a new book.

Get out your TIES, y'all. <3

-----

Update - 11th November, 2023

... and we're back!

Greetings once again! 'Tis I, TheOverzealousOne, bringing you another thrilling story in The Interelementals - An Elemental Story

I've posted a little teaser to show you what to expect from The Interelementals - something a little different from the usual A Lumen Ripple affair!

At this point, I'd describe The Interelementals as more daring, poignant and heavy than its predecessor, but it still has its charm all the same.

I won't spoil anything more, but you're in for a treat!

Ta-ta, and see you soon!