~CHAPTER FIVE~

Harrison woke up to his alarm at around six o'clock. Slowly opening his eyes he realised this was not his house. Sitting up in an instant he looked around and felt his heart rate picking up. Shit...

He had fallen asleep in Maisie's house. He raced to gather his few belongings and folded her blanket back up before placing it on the coffee table. He quietly crept out and headed to the tower. Nothing was making sense to him, it didn't feel strange to him that he stayed over, not awkward or anything even if it was unintentional. 

~~~

Strolling into the tower, with it being early morning only Jules and Skyler were sat in there. "Morning.. Harrison?" Jules spoke. 

He let out a big yawn and sat down placing his head on the desk.

"Damn, someone's tired." Skyler said peeping her head around the wall. 

It was quite apparent with the messy hair and bags under her eyes. It wasn't as if Maisie's sofa was uncomfy but he was tossing and turning all night still worried a seizure would take over and it would of been his fault. If something had happened and it was caused by him, the guilt would have overwhelmed him, God why did he even care.

"Yeah, was some night." He said.

"Oh so something happened?" Jules spoke up again.

"I guess you co-" Harrison began.

"WAIT! YOU LEFT WITH MAISIE!" Jules shouted.

"YOU DID WHAT-, DID YOU DO ANYTHING?" Skyler chimed in. They were both becoming giddy and they were both sat eagerly awaiting his response.

"No, no! I fell asleep on her sofa." He spoke, "I don't think she knows, I was worried about her and just sort of... fell asleep."

"I mean, do you want to? Do you like her?" Jules asked.

He wasn't sure how to react. Of course he thought that she was pretty, like insanely pretty with her blonde hair and green eyes. The way she laughed and her attitude. It was hilarious but she always made sure to protect those who she cared about. With what little time they've had together, they've become quite close to be honest. She'd became best friends with Mouse, Maxi and Skyler but had become close with Harrison in a different way. She did seem to be stuck in his head quite a lot too.

"Maybe, I don't know." He finally spoke whilst shrugging.

~~~

Maisie came out of her bed since she was on a half day today, she only had to come in from one til' seven. It was now nine o'clock but she thought she'd do a few errands before work and maybe fit in some surfing on Bondi since the swell was meant to be great today.

She headed out of her room but saw her blanket not in it's usual spot, it was always on the sofa incase she needed to grab it quickly for a seizure to protect her head. She walked over to it but couldn't see any reason that it would be there. She just thought that maybe she put it there when she was tired and just dismissed it so something simple. Sighing, she made her to-do list of errands to run and got on with them trying to fit them in before work later in the day.

~~~

Later on in the day, Harrison and Jules were out at backpackers doing a few rescues and Harrison caught Maisie surfing further down the beach. He must had been staring because it was definitely noticeable since Jules spoke up, "Oh come on, how don't you like, you're practically drooling all over her."

"Yeah, she's cute but I wouldn't go that far to say I love  her. More of a crush? I suppose."

"You should take her out! Not date but maybe go out and do something with her."

He thought about it for a moment. He wouldn't mind surely but he wasn't sure how he felt about her still. He just sat there admiring her. Love is a strange feeling which neither of the young lifeguards had much luck with.

Harrison had never really had a girlfriend but Maisie has had a boyfriend at one point in her life. From the age of fifteen until recently last year, she was in a relationship with a guy called Riley and when it all went south she decided that was the final straw and she left the place she had called home for so long. She wasn't looking for love down here, just stable footing for the first time in her life and something was about to happen catching her out with a pleasant surprise.

~~~

It was around seven o'clock now in the evening and Maisie was getting ready to go out with Jules. She had curled her hair and put it in a half up-half down type style with a sage green top and some off-white straight leg pants.

Since Jules was meant to be coming to her apartment, she lay on the sofa reading a new book she managed to pick up earlier with spare time before work earlier. 

Around fifteen minutes later, she heard a knock and went to get her small bag before opening the door to reveal someone other than who'd she expected.

"Harrison? What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd take you out, if that's alright?" He replied, awkwardly shrugging. 

"I'd love to but I'm just waiting for Jules to pick me up."

Harrison looked down whilst trying to hid his smile. There was a bit of a silence when it all clicked in Maisie's head.

"She's not coming is she, it was going to be you all along?"

He grinned and responded, "Is that a bad thing?" He could feel his heart rate picking up and was second guessing himself on the idea that they had come up with.

"No, it's good. One question though, is this as friends or what?"

She stood, there leaning against the door frame, teasing him waiting for an answer. He stutters a few times and his cheeks beginning to burn.

"I'm messing with you, we know where we stand." She said exiting her apartment and turning her back to him to be able to lock the door. 

"So what are we doing?"

" Do you have a bike?"