Copyright + Author's Note

F R I C T I O N

F R I C T I O N

-Book Two of THE RAPTURE SERIES-

All Eric wanted was a distraction from the tiresome stress of university life. He could've never in his wildest nightmares predicted that one unfortunate misunderstanding with the capricious daughter of Shawn Briggs, a big-shot lawyer, would somehow land him working for the hot-tempered man's law firm.

Then again, neither could have Shawn, who was now firmly set on a merciless path of vengeance aimed directly at his new sworn enemy: his very own assistant. But... why the hell did the brat have to be so good at his damn job?

The road to rapport is never clear, but there's always that unlikely office love.

-------

All Rights Reserved.

Copyright: FRICTION (Book Two of THE RAPTURE SERIES) including all associated books, chapters, prologues, epilogues, and associated written content is copyrighted. All rights reserved by the owner and creator of this work, Hec Daevis (HecDaevis). Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution of this work constitutes copyright infringement. Any infringement of copyright is punishable by law.

-------

This book is dedicated to...

My sister, Andrea, who is everything to me. And my beloved mom. I'm always with you.

-------

A/N: Hello! Welcome to FRICTION, Book Two of THE RAPTURE SERIES! FRICTION, formerly known as Office Love, was one of the most unexpected joys to come out of following a plot bunny. While writing RUSH, I'd found myself particularly intrigued by Eric, a character that is equal parts chaos and joy. While his ardent relationship with Shawn was initially meant to be a side-story, Eric and Shawn captivated me in a way that I hadn't expected. And so, this story (and its sequel) came to be in the form of a spin-off. This new version is heavily rewritten and improved, holding onto the essence of the novel while hopefully providing you its best iteration yet.

The title derives from their chaotic dynamic, which stems partially from miscommunication and primarily from clashing personalities. Thankfully, it evolves into so much more. Yes, this is a enemies to friends to lovers story! Don't expect the sentimentality or softness of RUSH, though. While Bennett and Mason represent hesitant first love, Eric and Shawn are little shits and this is something else entirely.

-------

*Spoiler Warnings*

TW: Alcohol & Drug use, Age gaps, Internalized Homophobia, & Mental Illness.

Note: The trigger warnings above represent aspects of the book that some people may have an issue with. If that is you, read at your own discretion. If not, carry on... I hope you enjoy!

-------

A/N: Welcome to FRICTION

Love, Hec