Chapter Three

"I'm worried about Richard." Jeremy sighs, taking a seat on the sofa next to James.

Glancing up at him from his book, James sighs, wondering if he should tell Jeremy of his suspicions. Wondering if he should tell Jeremy that he thinks that Richard might be... pregnant....

But it's not his place to tell anyone. It might be best to keep quiet, and let Richard tell them of his own accord.

Except, no doubt Richard is afraid to do so himself, as the three of them haven't exactly discussed having kids. And James isn't entirely sure if he's ever wanted kids. He's perfectly happy to just be a stepfather to Richard's two daughters he had with Mindy, and to Jeremy's two daughters and son he had with Francie. He doesn't necessarily care to actually have kids that are his.

However, if Richard is pregnant, then he's not going to be mad and leave him. Or demand that he gets an abortion. Of course he wouldn't. And he's sure that Jeremy won't be either. Because he's just not that sort of man.

But even so, they're not exactly at an ideal age to have a kid. Him and Jeremy especially. Then there's their busy work schedules to take account of. Although, he's sure that they could work around that easily.

And then there's the fact that not everyone is very supportive of omegas in the type of role that Richard is in. Even if that stigma has mostly died down now from the time the three of them were growing up. And Richard has certainly proven his worth in his role as one of the three hosts of Top Gear, despite being one of the only three omegas working on the show amongst a large majority of betas and alphas.

But then again... that may all change if Richard is in fact pregnant and word gets out before they can even say anything themselves, or figure out what the hell they're going to do.

All of this, of course, if Richard is pregnant....

"I'm sure he'll be fine, Jez." James sighs, setting his book down on the coffee table, removing his glasses and setting them down also. "I think... that he may just be a little under the weather."

It's not his place to tell Jeremy what he really thinks might be wrong with Richard. And if he were to tell him, then he's a little worried that Jeremy may go up to Richard and try and get him to tell them. Which might not be the case, but... he doesn't want to risk it. Especially when they both are fully aware of the fact that pregnancy scares Richard.

It'll be best if he waits for Richard to come to them himself, not for the both of them to speculate behind his back, or for them to confront him about it and make him tell them.

Jeremy frowns. "Maybe, but he smells... different." He says. "I just can't place how."

"Does he?" James asks, a little confused. "I've not noticed a difference."

He's not noticed Richard smelling any different. For the most part, Richard's scent has remained the same since the moment they had first met. The only time he has ever really noticed a difference in Richard's scent, was after the accident, and during his recovery. That's the only time James has ever registered a clear difference in the omega's scent.

Or when Richard is going into heat. There's usually some difference there, but usually everyone no matter their designation can to some degree detect that sort of difference. Anything else however, and James is unable to detect any difference in Richard's scent.

But then again, being a beta, his sense of smell for that sort of thing, for the most part, isn't nearly as strong as Jeremy's, or even Richard's.

"Suppose you wouldn't really be able to notice any difference either way..." Jeremy sighs, to which James shakes his head no in confirmation.