Chapter 49

“Gangster rat.”

“Aaah!”

“Angry rice cake, can you say it one more time? ‘If you guys even dare to touch a single hair on my hyungs!'”

“I never said that!”

Kim Seonghyeon and Kang Ichae teased Jeong Dajun relentlessly. I patted Dajun’s head for a while before pretending to scold them, finally settling the situation.

“Ah, seriously, I hope they aren’t going to sue for assault, right? I just couldn’t stand it.”

“It was self-defense. And there’s no way those guys have any time to worry about that now. But how did you become so good at judo throws?”

“I did judo as a hobby in middle school… Ah, I regret it now.”

After the Today members fled the scene with pale faces, as if they had lost their minds, the set was quickly cleared up. It was because it was decided that rehearsals couldn’t continue any longer.

The manager rushed over, heard the situation, and insisted we should go to the hospital, but the one who might actually need to go was probably Yu Hyeok.

“Do you think the camera caught that?”

“Ah, I’m curious too. If it exists, I’ll watch it whenever I feel down.”

I talked with Jiwon about trivial things.

“Will the live broadcast schedule be delayed?”

“Well, I don’t know. The entire program might be ruined.”

“Still, the audience is coming, and we can’t cancel because of this. We’ll probably go on stage anyway.”

We looked at each other blankly. Jiwon had a strange face.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. It just feels like we made it happen, like you said.”

“…”

“So it’s over like this.”

Jiwon’s expression looked somewhat bitter. He probably didn’t expect the things that had been tormenting him to crumble so easily, so he seemed to be feeling mixed emotions. Jiwon lowered his long eyelashes and took a deep breath before nodding.

“Thanks, Hoyun.”

I took his thanks lightly. I wanted to pass over it as if it was nothing. I hoped this incident wouldn’t linger as a debt or burden for Jiwon.

… It’s just that, for some reason, it didn’t leave a clean aftertaste.

“Should we practice?”

“Yeah.”

Jiwon deliberately smiled brightly.

Before leaving, I looked around.

PD Kim Heeyeon…

I wanted to ask PD Kim Heeyeon about the program’s direction, but I decided to put it on hold. She’s probably busy dealing with Today’s side of things.

I shouldn’t bother busy people, and we should handle our situation on our own.

I got in the van and checked the internet reactions. Hundreds of posts were pouring out on social media in real time.

[Goosebumps ㅎㅎㅎ I always said Today was strong, but the drug incident ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It’s really over with the pictures spreading]

[Management!!! I told you! Look at their faces!!!!!!!!!!]