Wedding of the Millenium(s) pt 1

Wedding of the Millennium(s)

PLAYLIST

Enchanted by Taylor Swift  (yes, again. Don't judge me.)

Under Pressure by Queen ft David Bowie

Perfect by Ed Sheeren

Starships by Nikki Minaj 

It was a small ceremony, but two beings who had been together for six millennia hardly needed a formal do to make things official. Crowley offered to have the ceremony in a church because he knew how much Aziraphale would love it; to which Aziraphale replied that he wouldn't have their new life begin with Crowley in agony from walking on consecrated ground. No, a legal ceremony was quite enough for them, two years after Aziraphale returned from Heaven. They also danced around changing their last names. They decided against it, given the legal nightmare it would become. Mr. Fell or Mr. Crowley were fine.

Crowley wanted to do the vows from Corpse Bride, but Aziraphale shot that one down immediately. There were limits.

They got married at the nearest courthouse with Anathema and Newt Pulscifer as witnesses. Tracy and Shadwell were out of town on their own honeymoon, but sent a fruit basket.

"Is there going to be an after-party?" Newt asked the newlyweds as they left the courthouse.

"We're meeting some friends for drinks," Crowley replied. He was wearing the same outfit he'd worn the night he and Aziraphale proposed to each other, and had switched out his snakeskin boots for some downright demure loafers. "I'm sure they could scare up a mocktail for the mom-to-be."

Anathema was eight months pregnant with her and Newt's first child, and absolutely glowing. "We have to get back, we've got an early doctor's appointment tomorrow. But we can all go out to dinner soon."

"Of course,"  Aziraphale said soothingly. "Your health comes first. Thank you so much for being here. It means the world."

He kissed Anathema sweetly on the cheek. Goodbyes were said all-around before the couples parted ways.

"A witchfinder married to a witch," Crowley said musingly. "Who would have thought?"

"An angel married to a demon," Aziraphale retorted, sliding into the passenger seat of the Bentley. "Who would have thought?"

"Not even God Herself." Crowley started the car, then leaned over and kissed his husband. "Let's put on some more comfortable clothes and get drunk—I mean, have some drinks at Fruity's. The whole fam is going to be there."

Their group of friends, both from Fruity's and the neighborhood, had taken on the name 'fam.' No one knew when or why it had actually happened, but they embraced it.

"It's only appropriate," Aziraphale said. "If not for Paul and his friends, we might not be sitting here today, my dear. That night at the club was the first time we kissed in public. Do you think we could get them to eat that dreadful fruit basket Tracy and Shadwell gave us?"

"I bet those folks would eat anything." Crowley made sure to use a gender-neutral term. Fruity's—a tongue in cheek name—was a safe haven for members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and anyone else who didn't fit in. Inclusivity was very important. Aziraphale kept misgendering people in an, 'oh, hello, my dear lady' sort of way, but no one was really offended. They just laughed and corrected him, and told him that it was okay because they knew he meant well, but please do work on that. To which he would flush brilliant crimson until someone hugged him. No one could stay mad at Aziraphale for long.

They stopped at the bookshop to change and pick up the fruit basket,and headed to Fruity's. The owner—Paul's cousin John—met them at the door with glasses of champagne.

"We put your little group in the banquet room," he said, leading them in that direction. "Privacy, you know."

"Oh, that wasn't necessary!" Aziraphale replied. "It's just a few friends having--"

"SURPRISE!"

Aziraphale outright screamed, and Crowley hissed. Then they both started laughing.

'A few friends' was no less than thirty people gathered in a room decorated with rainbows, glitter, and streamers, a dessert table in the corner, and a full bar.

"Congratulations!" Paul yelled. The crowd backed him up with a cheer. "You've done so much for us, we decided to do this for you!"

"Oh, oh my goodness!" Aziraphale teared up immediately. "Oh, this is wonderful!" He turned to his new husband. "Did you have anything to do with this?"

"Not at all," Crowley answered honestly. "Sabrina wanted to know about our favorite foods, but I thought she was just being nosy."

Salina tottered over on her six-inch stilettos and hugged them both."No tears! It's time to celebrate!"

Author's notes to follow final part.