🥀 JUDGE'S FORM & CRITERIA [CLOSED] 🥀

The rules also apply to the judges (and all participants)!

We only need five judges - unless otherwise stated. You must be capable of reading five books to yourself or asking for help when needed.

We will never turn you away & are happy to help in any way we can!

We MUST be able to depend on you as the readers are depending on us all.

Please also message us if your username or circumstances change as we understand that completely!

But we can't do anything if you don't let us know, please bear that in mind.

Check back in with us once the contest closes for judging! The entries for your group will be uploaded at a later date (with group letter assigned).

I will also be assigned a group letter and judge 5 entries myself (footnoteofhappiness).

(6/6) JUDGES

(6/6) JUDGES. FULL.

Judge's Form:

Username:

Are you dependable?:

Happy to read five books?:

Are you okay with mature?:

Please DM an example of your prior work:

Rules followed?:

Tag at least 5:

✨✨✨

Judging Criteria:

Title: /10

Book Cover: /10

Story Description: /10

Reader Engagement: /10

Plot: /10

Character Development: /10

Originality: /10

Creativity: /10

Writing Style: /5

Setting: /10

Grammar: /5

Total: /100

Judges, please only judge the first five - ten chapters of the book.

Please also send the judging score to us in a DM along with a review of a few sentences.

Please do balance out your positive & negative comments so that it can include the things you found to be the most intriguing about the story  and the parts you recommend improving. Do not just criticise as it does not help others.

Thank you.

🎗 Rules for Judges 🎗

1. Please ensure you've followed the rules in the first chapter of this book.

2. Bias results will not be tolerated.

3. Please be honest but also encouraging with your comments and results. We are not here to judge who's writing style is better, for that is an expression of one's soul.

But we are here to judge the most fleshed out plots and the deeply developed characters and backgrounds!

The goal is to find a book we positively couldn't put down ⭐️

Also, please remember to follow all of the rules.

This also goes to the participants as well. Judges work very hard for you guys, so please respect them!

This contest will work different to the Happiness Awards - there will be no rounds. Simply judging and then results! It will go much faster this time, especially because it only focuses on one genre.

Please bear in mind: This contest will not start until October 1st, 2023.

HOW IT WORKS:

  Each judge will be assigned five entries and a group letter. (Entries will be published on a separate page with their assigned judge & letter).

  This is when participants ensure they have followed their judge & commented on their story. This should be done in one day! (The story should be in the judge's showcase reading list to make it easier for you!)

  The judges will then have 29 days to judge ten chapters of each entry.

  Results should be submitted by the deadline date.

  The following day, the winners will be announced! 🏆

TIMELINE:

  Submissions open: October 1st, 2023.
  Submissions close: November 1st, 2023.
  Judging begins: November 2nd, 2023.
  Results deadline: December 1st, 2023.
  Results published: December 2nd, 2023.

📌 We'd like to offer all judges a chance to showcase one book on our community profile for the duration of the contest, please comment below which one when accepted 📌

All the best!

Stay tuned for more announcements to come.

~ El at the Happy Writers Community 📚✨