eleven

"Gepard! Guess what?!"

After work, she closed the tailor shop and had immediately dialed Gepard's number. The moment he picked up on the other end, she was basically chatting his ear off, a smile stretching across her lips.

She waited for him to finally answer and she could faintly hear him chuckling on the other end, "with the sound of your voice im guessing .. something good?"

"You bet! In fact, its better then good! Its absolutely great!"

"Well? Are you going to tell me about it or what," he teased.

As she walked down the sidewalk as the sun began to set, many passersby couldn't help but to notice the skip in her step, "Remember that debt thing i mentioned to you?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, everything worked out!"

"Worked out? Can't you be a little more specific," he asked while sighing. Y/n had a big tendency in cutting her stories short, never seeming to mention the important things that happened.

"Ok, ok - so like, it all actyally got resolved yesterday but i was soooooo nervous of losing the money that I didn't think about telling you the good news until it all got resolved."

"You got money yesterday?"

"Thats right! Yesterday I finished my client's coat and when he paid for that, he also paid the material off too which I was able to give Sampo this morning."

She rambled on while Gepard kept asking for details, which eventually led her to slowly come up to where her apartment complex was.

"And thats how I managed to pay off the debt! Pretty cool, right?"

Gepard chuckled, "I'm glad everything worked out for you, y/n."

"Same here, sometimes I think I'm just lucky like that," she said as she walked up the steps.

"Speaking of which, are you just getting home?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I haven't had lunch yet, so I was wondering-"

"Yes! A million times yes! Just let me make some lunch for us and I'll be right over at the office!"

He laughed again at how cheerful she was, his eyes sparking with a sort of adoration, "I'll see you in a bit then."

"Of course! See ya, Gepard!"

With a click the call ended and Gepard was left in his office once again, but he wasn't alone.

"That was her, right? Y/n? She sounds nice. Definitely too good for you."

"Shut it. This is all your fault," Gepard seethed as his eyes narrowed. His arms were crossed over his chest while a single index finger tapped his arm slowly. His jovial demeanor from before was completely gone now that he wasn't talking to y/n.

"My fault?"

"You're the one who suggested this plan in the first place, but guess what? Y/n never came to me for help. Sure, she talked to me, but she didn't rely on me."

Gepard stood up abruptly, hands slamming on the desk as he leant forward. His gaze dark as he stared Luocha, who was sitting on the opposite side of the desk, down.

Luocha, too, stood up. His arms crossed behind his back as he kept a cool facade. His expression unreadable.

"I gave you a suggestion, and I told you there was a chance it wouldn't work. You should be thankful that Sampo didn't give you away and the real reason why the price was so high."