Chapter Two

It was strange every time Pip checked her phone she had reread messages over, and over again and had seen so much about Max Hastings. He was going to jail with no chance of parole anytime soon and hopefully never. She had messaged Becca, who was currently working at café near Little Kilton. She was going to get a better job soon. She knew it. Pip knew it. Nobody from Little Kilton really spoke to her apart from her friends. She knew she had spoken to Nat, but that was all. She had kept minimal contact with everyone. She had simply buried herself in projects, essays and every assignment she was given. She had turned down stays with her parents, sleepovers with Cara, video calls with Cara, meeting up with Nat, Becca, Connor everyone just in case something went wrong. Evidence against her was found and then everyone would be taken into questioning, it could ruin everyone's life. Not just Pip's life. She hadn't been on her podcast in a while she had been asked to stop talking about Jason Bell by the Little Kilton police, while the case was still under investigation. Even though they didn't care when she did it with Jamie Reynolds when he went missing, but Pip knew why nothing happened then. She was finally taking a break from the work. First she would meet Ravi, then her family and friends at a visit, say she got a break from everything at college and hope nothing had changed too much. It felt good to be excited to see people she knew again, her old family.