Chapter 29 ~ Giving the Blessing

Harry's POV.

I was sitting in Ron's bedroom, looking up at the ceiling, not really doing anything. I didn't really do much after Voldemort was killed and neither did Max. We helped out around the Burrow sometimes, but most of the time, we did our own thing in our own rooms that we were staying in until we figured out what we were going to do with our lives now that Voldemort was dead.

I knew that Max was upset. She hadn't heard from Draco ever since the night she told him that she loved him. I felt bad for her, I really did. It was hard for her and it was hard for me to watch her wait for him every single day. She would wait and wait for him to show up, but he never did. I wasn't sure if he was going to come or not.

I finally knew the answer a week after I arrived at the Burrow.

I was in the backyard, walking around before I had to go back inside for dinner. That was when Draco Apparated behind me, startling me.

"Po-- I mean, Harry," he said as I turned around to face him.

"Draco," I said back. "I'm assuming you're here to see Max?"

"Actually, I came to see you," he replied.

I was a little bit confused. "You came to see me? Shouldn't you go see my sister? She's been worried about you ever since the war ended."

"I know, but I wanted to talk to you about her. Well, actually, I need to show you something first."

He approached me and pulled out a box. He opened it and showed me the ring that was inside. "You want to propose to her," I said.

He nodded his head. "I want your blessing, Harry."

"Why are you asking me?" I asked him.

"Because you're the only family that she has left. I know she's your sister and I know that you care about her a lot. I want you to know that I love her with all of my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

I could tell that he was telling the truth. Out of all the people in the world, I didn't think my sister would fall for our ex-enemy, Draco Malfoy. But I couldn't control who Max loved. I knew that she loved him as well. She was happier once they began to go out in the middle of sixth year. I remembered when Cedric died. She was a total wreck. I didn't think she would find someone else to love. But then she got closer with Draco. She was happier with Draco than she was with Cedric.

I looked at Draco with a serious look on my face. "I love my sister as well. She's the only family that I have left, just like you said. If you hurt her, I will not hesitate to hex the shit out of you."

Draco nodded his head. "I promise that I won't hurt her. I would never do that to Max."

I nodded my head back. "So when are you going to propose?"

"I have no idea. I have some other stuff to handle first," he replied. "I just need a little bit more time."

"Well, you better hurry up before it's too late."

*******

It was already the beginning of June and Draco didn't return to propose to Max yet. I was really starting to worry a little bit that he wouldn't do it. I was tempted to go to Malfoy Manor and confront him about it. I knew Max was lifting her hopes up every single day, wishing that he would Apparate to the Burrow so she could be reunited with him. I didn't understand what was taking him this long to propose to her. Did he not realize that there wasn't much time left before Max would just give up on him completely?

After eating lunch, while everyone was cleaning up, Max went over to the window and looked outside. I watched as she didn't move a muscle. She would look out the window for a long time, thinking Draco would show up any moment. But he never did. It was like that for the entire month of May.

"Max, you okay?" Ginny asked her, making her turn around.

She nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be right back," she replied, heading outside.

I sighed as she walked outside.

"Do you think he'll ever show up?" Hermione asked me as everyone else continued to clean up the kitchen.

"He better show up. He promised he would do it soon," I replied.

"Do what soon?" Ron questioned.

"Draco said that he was going to propose to Max," I told him.

Suddenly, everyone stopped cleaning.

"He's going to propose?!" Ginny asked in excitement.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed with delight.

"Wow, Max and Malfoy? That's a shock," George commented.

"Do you really think he'll propose to her, Harry?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"He's supposed to, but I don't know when," I said.

"Well, for now, why don't you go talk to Max?" Hermione suggested.

I nodded my head and headed outside to look for Max. I found her behind the house.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," she said back. "What do you want?"

"I want to see if you're okay," I answered. "Are you?"

"Not really," she replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"Is it Draco again?" I asked, knowing that she was upset about Draco not showing up again.

She nodded her head, turning around to face me. "Well, of course it's Draco. It's been a month, Harry. Why won't he come and see me already?"

"Maybe he's busy trying to get his life back together as well," I told her. "The war affected him just as much as everyone else."

She nodded again. "I know. I just miss him so much." She walked past me so that she could go back inside the house.

"Wait, Max," I said. She turned around, facing me again. "How much do you miss him?"

"More than anything in the world," she replied. "I want to know that he's okay and that he still loves me. I want to be with him and know that nothing will stop us from being together."

All of a sudden, I looked behind her and saw that Draco was standing there.

I gave Max a grin. "Why don't you tell him that right now?"

"What are you talking about?" she asked in confusion.

"Turn around," I told her.

She turned around and let out a gasp when she saw Draco standing there. She ran over to him and threw herself onto him. I went back inside the house and looked out the window. Before I knew it, everyone was surrounding the window as well.

"Has he proposed yet?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

I shook my head. "No, not yet."

We watched as they were talking, then he got down on one knee and pulled out the box with the ring inside. Next thing we knew, we saw Max jumping into his arms once again.

"She said yes!" Mr. Weasley announced with joy.

We all cheered as Draco slid the ring onto Max's finger. I was glad that Draco finally proposed, because Max was finally happy.

A/N: Ahhhhh one more chapter, then the epilogue!

The wedding is the next chapteeeeeer! :D

Comment, vote, the end is coming! :D

-A