Living With the Enemy: Adrian Johnson (A Brothers Best Friend) Chapter Nine

Bianca: 

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since the funeral, two weeks since I've had to face a tragic event in my life. I'm still in this horrible pain, I feel like my chest has collapsed and it's slowly starting to rise again, like my whole body shut down. Adrian, well he's not the Adrian I thought he was, that's for sure, this Adrian is more... amazing. He's been there through out this whole process and hasn't asked for anything in return. 

At the moment I'm sitting in my Science class next to some girl with great hair. I don't know her name but I feel like she's not going to be helping much as my lab partner. 

"So, girl, are you going to help or...?" 

"or." 

I nodded. She wasn't the kind of girl you want to mess with. She had jet black hair and it was pin straight. She had a straight nose and big blue eyes. She really was gorgeous, just not exactly on the friendly side of things.

"Oh, cool." She didn't spare me a look. 

I opened the textbook to the designated page and saw the directions for the lab. 

I took the beaker filled with this yellow substance that I'd rather not spill and another beaker filled with clear liquid. 

I began to pour them both into another beaker when suddenly two hands snatched them out of my grip before I could even start the mixture.

"Are you crazy? Do you want to fail this? I thought you were smart enough to do it, damn I'll just do it myself," 

and with that she completed the lab without any help from me. Every time I suggested she do it she simply glared at me. I sighed and gave in. I know when I'm not wanted. 

I grabbed the worksheet and started answering the textbook questions, that way I felt like I was helping in someway. 

I finished and handed it to her. 

"I've already got them." She was pushing me off the edge. 

"Okay sorry I was trying to help," 

"Well don't." 

That was it.

"Listen, I'm trying to help not everyone is perfect, maybe you should try to ease up on the amount of bitch you add to your cereal because I'm tired of you talking down to me," 

Everyone looked at me like I had three heads. Everyone but her of course. I expected rage, or a deathly glare, but instead I saw her face twitch as if hiding a smile.

"The names Jasmine," I looked at her questionably. 

"This is where you tell me your name girl," 

"Why do you want to know my name?" I asked, skeptically. 

"Because, I don't befriend pushover bitches, but you're the right kind of girl, so as I said the name's Jasmine, and you are...?" 

I smiled a little. A friend. I only ever had Jesse, and then now I guess sort of Adrian. A friend, who's not a dude. 

"Bianca," I stuck out my hand and she stuck out her fist. I gave her a quizzical look and she bended my hand into a fist and bumped it, and she laughed, probably at my naiveness. 

"Well Bianca, today you're sitting with me and my friends at lunch got it?" I smiled and nodded. This was so exciting! 

"So, Bianca, you got half of your questions wrong, I mean they're right, but they're simplistic questions. You've put too much work into it, so he'll probably just check it wrong so that he doesn't have to read it."