PROLOGUE

📍 Reggio Emilia, ItalyJuly 22, 2023

July 22, 2023

I pushed through the sweaty bodies, trying to find the middle ground area I had been directed too. I could feel a thin layer of sweat forming on my skin, but much like everyone else around me, I chose to ignore it.

It felt weird being back here in Italy, my shoes walking through the same arena he always told me he wanted to play. My brain was in complete shambles, arguing back and forth on whether I should turn around. Forget that I was even here.

No one around me knew who I was, no one would even think to remember I had been here. I came to halt in my path, squeezing my eyes shut tight, deciding it was time now to turn around. Deciding it was all a bad idea. My body began to shift in the opposite direction, trying to avoid, hitting anyone.

"Lina? Lina you actually came!" The voice pierced through me, my breath catching in my throat knowing I couldn't run now.

I swallowed, opening my eyes, gaze instantly landing on Jeff Azoff, "Jeffery!" I exclaimed, trying my best to shake the nerves.

"I'm guessing I just caught you trying to run away?" He raised a soft eye brow, a teasing smirk on his face.

I chuckled, linking my fingers together and stretching my hands out in front of me, "Possibly?" I tilted my head, closing one eye causing him to burst into laughter.

"Well Curly, it's too late now, come on, you'll be just fine." He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and leading me the rest of the way.

We pushed through small huddles of people, some waving hi as they recognized Jeff. I swallowed as I spotted Anne in the distance, knowing we were closer now to our final destination. I took a deep breath, swallowing deeply.

"Does he know I'm coming?" I finally managed out, Jeff shaking his head.

"Anne thought it was better if he didn't, but, if he glances over, he might spot you." Jeff said, peeking down at me, "He never stopped missing you though, Lina. I don't think he ever fully managed to get you out of his mind."

"Don't tell me that, I can't handle that..." I said, glancing up at the screens for what felt like the first time. Suddenly the sound of the music seemed to fill my ears entirely, engulfing my senses completely.

And there he was. My Harry.

He glistened like a mirrorball on that stage, scruff along his lower face, a tamer version of the mustache I adored on his upper lip. He was so happy, so radiant up there. He looked fit, so fit. Sweat running down his body as he ran around the stage, dancing, twirling and stomping. He was happy, and that alone brought a warmth to my heart.

"Annie, look I found a stray!" Jeff called out, removing his arm from my shoulders as we finally approached the group, Anne and Gemma turning to face me.

"Catalina Sloane!" Anne called out, quickly moving over to me, Gemma frozen in her place with wide eyes. Anne's arms wrapped around me quickly, pulling me in for the tightest embrace. I felt three years worth of emotions burst out of me in tears, "Oh sweet, Lina. No baby. No tears, not yet anyways."

She ran her fingers softly down my back, kissing the side of my head softly, "I'm sorry, I'm such a blubbering mess. I really try not to be, but it always happens." I said, pushing softly away from her, our hands still gripping at each other's arms.

"We love blubbering messes around here, don't you worry about that!" Gemma exclaimed, making her way over and kissing my cheek.

"Alright, enough! No more tears, we have to sing, dance, and drink, come on!" Jeff called out, making us laugh and nod in response.

I was introduced to Harry's extended family, his trainer Brad and James Corden; the latter causing me to fan girl. The group of us danced around, singing along to all of Harry's songs. I blushed bright red, squealing when he started singing "The Best Song Ever". It had always been my favorite One Direction song, though I would always deny it to him.

The concert seemed to go by quicker than anyone hoped, Harry making multiple speeches throughout the night in both English and Italian. There wasn't a dry eye anywhere in the stadium, Harry seemed to constantly be fighting tears, speaking to his audience so lovingly.

I wiped at my face as it seemed that Harry was coming off the stage, when suddenly a piano was rolled out. The crowd went wild at the sight, my heart beating fast in my chest, seeing Harry come back out shortly after. He sat on the piano bench, the camera moving to his fingers to show trembling hands.

I swallowed, holding my own hands, pressing them against my chest. I could feel the knot forming in my throat, I couldn't swallow it down no matter how hard I tried. Harry began playing a few keys, and soon the melody started. The melody bringing chills along every inch of me, my mouth going dry, eyes widening.

It was the song. The one I thought I'd never hear again.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 & 𝟸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 & 𝟸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝. 𝟷𝚜𝚝.
𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎, 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 & 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎.
- 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚢 💋
@𝚑𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚜