Picnic in the Highlands (Ominis x M! reader.)

Request for Whydontuwork 🖤

"For the last time mate, I don't know." Sebastian groaned, "Ominis said to bring you up here, I'm bringing you up here."

"Oh yes," You roll your eyes so hard that if you wanted to you probably could've looked at your brain, "Because I'm supposed to trust you, dragging me out into the middle of nowhere. In the middle of the night at that! Last time you did something like this, I got bit in the ass cheek by an Acromantula."

Sebatians snorts in laughter ahead of you, "Best night of my life. Though, seriously mate. First off, you're a strong capable wizard, if Ominis is planning on luring you to your death I'm sure you'll get out alive. Second, I highly doubt he's going to kill you."

You follow Sebastian deeper into the forest until you come across a beautiful scene. A small alcove of pine trees, lit with thousands of flickering lights... almost like fireflies, you can't help but make the comparison. In the center of the alcove, sits your loving boyfriend, fidgeting nervously with his slender hands.

Sebastian clapped his hands together, "Alright, I trust you can get there from here. Good luck, man. Hope he doesn't kill you."

You turn to ask Sebastian what was going on, but he had already dissapeared into the shadows. You shrug, used to how creepy he can be, and made your way toward Ominis.

"Ominis, my love." Your voice is low, as if breaking the silence would break the beauty of this moment.

He jumped a bit, "Y/n, darling. Come, sit."

You take your seat beside him, and he gently takes your hand. You can't help but smile in awe at your surroundings. The floating candles, the fireflies (if that's what they even were), the soft deep green blanket beneath you... it was all just so perfect.

"Ominis," your eyes flicker around and to him, "This is all so beautiful... I have no words...."

Ominis smiled shyly, "I'm glad it looks as well as I was hoping it did. I must confess though, Poppy helped me set it all up."

"It's amazing, Ominis." You lean in and pull him into a kiss.

You sit there like that for a moment, lips dancing together. Ominis pulls back for a breath, resting his forhead on yours.

You look into his cloudy blue eyes, and swear you can see the galaxy within them, "Ominis this is so wonderful. But I have to ask, what's the occasion."

Ominis chuckled, pulling his face away to grab the basket full of goodies, "Wait for the main event, and you'll find out."

You and Ominis spend the next hour in the woods under the full moon, laughing and eating. It was so wonderful, with all of your favorite foods, the beautiful scenery, and your favorite person.

You were so enveloped in the moment you almost didn't even notice the sound of footfalls beginning around you, but the tell tale glowing trail that glittered in the air alerted you.

"Ominis!" You gasp, sitting up right in awe, "It's a mooncalf dance!"

Ominis laughs, "Indeed. Poppy had told me there was a den near by."

You watch as the little creatures dance around you, weaving through the trees. You didn't even notice Ominis shift beside you as your eyes follow a pale blue mooncalf.

You turn to look at Ominis, about yo express your gratitude when you pause, all sense of any words leaving the second you see him there- kneeling on one knee, a plain black ring in this hand.

"Y/n," Ominis began, his voice trembling again, "You have been in my life for two years now, yet somehow it feels like forever and not enough at the same time. I know that we are young, and fear this could come off as too soon, but I needed to do this. We graduate hogwarts in a month, and our lives will change. Our friends will move and get jobs... but you are the only constant I need. So here I am, surrounded by mooncalfs, asking you to be my constant. Y/n L/n, will you do me the honor of becoming my husband?"

No words could come to you, and you just nodded furiously. Remembering Ominis couldn't see that, you managed to choke out, "Yes."

Ominis grinned, slipping the ring on your finger and quickly standing, sweeping you unto his embrace.

The mooncalfs had finished their performance by now, but their light trails lingered, fading in the air around you.

There was a mechanical click noise, then giggles. You pulled slightly back from Ominis, remaining in his arms, to see what the noise was.

Behind a bush, two heads popped up. Sebastian and Poppy sheepishly grinned, and Poppy held up a camera, loudly proclaiming, "Got it!"

_____________________________________
A/N: I apologize that it's a bit short, but I'm extremely new to writing romance. And truth be told, this is my very first time writing for same sex couples. I'm sorry if it's not great, and would actually love some constructive criticism on how I can better portray them!

Xo,
Lynn.