4

The awkwardness of being measured for new robes was palpable in the air.

Behind a large screen, all three members of the Wei family were down to their underrobes, measured by a young apprentice while a stern-faced seamstress took notes.

Wei Changze kept his eyes up at the ceiling, embarrassed to have someone other than his family see him undressed. Sure, he was half dressed alongside the Jiang disciples and other Jiang family servants, but those were usually quick dress ups. The only other seamstress who measured him was one who watched him grow up since birth.

A-Ying was quickly growing bored. If Wei Changze was honest, his son was annoyed the moment they stepped foot in the place. A-Ying disliked the constant poking and prodding of his body. Wei Changze was surprised he didn't run away at the first opportunity. Then again, the presence of A-Ying's grandfather in the seamstress shop made him more or less compliant. As a result, A-Ying was compliant so as to not receive the disappointed glance of his grandfather.

His wife, on the other hand, appeared nonchalant at having her measurements taken. Although she was uncomfortable with the idea of being measured for such lavish patterns. At first, she fought against Lord Sesshomaru, claiming their clothing was fine, but the man didn't so much as blink before he led them to a seamstress. Walking inside of a visibly pricier establishment, forcing the Wei family to follow the man inside.

Liu Meilin insisted, keeping up with Lord Sesshomaru's intentional strides inside of the fabric shop. "Lord Sesshomaru, we don't need–"

Ignoring her, Lord Sesshomaru held up a fabric with expensive dye colors, gaining the attention of the seamstress and her assistants. "This fabric is decent."

The owner clasped her hands together, grinning from ear to ear. "Oh yes. We recently received a lovely dye from the lands of–"

Lord Sesshomaru motioned to another bundle which had a color Wei Changze knew was used by noblemen. "And this one?"

"That one was woven with lovely silk and–"

"Lord Grandfather! Please–"

Wei Changze observed the manner Lord Sesshomaru handled the chaotic energy of his wife. The man didn't use his words to force Liu Meilin to follow his orders. He stood firm in what he wanted them to do. When they didn't listen, the disapproval was enough to nudge them all in the right direction.

Which led the whole Wei family to be taken to the back to get measured. They watched Lord Sesshomaru select the patterns meant for them. Wei Changze thought he wouldn't be given anything, but the demon pointed to the screen, dismissing him to go along with his family. Wei Changze almost didn't move until his wife grabbed the back of his robes and dragged him behind the screen.

A-Ying's measurements were finished, giving his son the chance to redress and cling onto his grandfather's leg. Lord Sesshomaru presented several fabrics for A-Ying to pick from. Giving his son a chance to feel included in the purchase of his clothes. Of course, the demon didn't let A-Ying choose less than pleasing fabrics, but gently directed him to choices which suited a boy.

When Sesshomaru showed the final fabrics he selected, Liu Meilin went into an embarrassed fit. She continued to complain as she put on her robes, trying in vain to deter the demon from purchasing them robes.

Wei Changze was astonished that the fabric used for his robes were not basic in nature. He thought Lord Sesshomaru wouldn't give him much consideration in what suited him. Then again, he might have done this to give Lady Rin's descendant some much needed face.

"Why do we need such fabrics?!" Liu Meilin tried to point out another less lavish fabric, but Lord Sesshomaru ignored her. Again. "This one suits us better!"