Part 2: A Peculiar Encounter

The morning sun bathed Coldbrook High School in a soft, golden light as Eva walked through the hallways to her classroom. It was shaping up to be another typical day of teaching, filled with lessons, discussions, and the eager faces of her students.

Eva took her place at the front of the classroom, preparing to delve into the day's subject matter. Her students, a diverse group of young minds, greeted her with a mixture of enthusiasm and curiosity.

As the lesson began, Eva's passion for teaching shone through. She engaged her students with the wonders of literature, the power of words, and the endless possibilities of the imagination. The classroom buzzed with energy, as ideas flowed and discussions flourished.

However, about twenty minutes into the lesson, one of her students, Lily, raised her hand with an urgent expression on her face. "May I please go to the bathroom, Miss Eva?" she asked.

Eva nodded with a warm smile, granting Lily permission. It was a routine request, and she watched as the young girl hurried out of the classroom.

Minutes turned into an unusual silence, and Eva began to feel a tinge of concern. She decided to step out into the hallway to check on Lily. As she approached the bathroom door, she could hear faint, trembling sobs from inside.

Eva gently pushed the door open and found Lily huddled in a corner, her eyes wide with fear and tears streaming down her cheeks. "Lily, what happened?" Eva asked, kneeling beside her.

Lily took a shaky breath, her voice trembling as she spoke. "I saw... I saw a ghost, Miss Eva. A girl with an old school uniform, full of scratches and holes. She was standing by the sinks, and she looked so sad."

Eva's brow furrowed with skepticism. The supernatural had no place in her rational world, but she recognized the genuine distress in Lily's eyes. She placed a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder. "Lily, it's natural to have fears and imaginations, especially in an old building like this. Sometimes our minds can play tricks on us."

Lily wiped away her tears and nodded, slowly regaining her composure. Eva helped her back to the classroom, where the lesson continued as usual. The day carried on, filled with learning and laughter, but a lingering unease remained in the back of Eva's mind. Little did she know, that she was about to encounter something quite paranormal herself...

*I know this was a bit of a short one, but it's not about the size :0*