Chapter 50

Sebastian

The boutique hotel here in Chicago is tasteful. We had a top designer in to bring it back to its former glory of an art deco establishment. It is one of my favorite eras for fashion and décor. The brown marble shines brilliantly under the magnificent chandelier. A bell boy comes towards me smartly dressed in black trousers, crisp white shirt and a deep green waistcoat. Our colors for this hotel are gold and green. Outside is a deep green canopy with my initials S. G. emblazoned on it in italics. "Can I help you, sir?" 

"No thank you, I'm fine. I will go straight to my suite." I tip him anyway, he looks stunned and as if he wants to give it back to me. I nod and begin to walk away. I'm not here for a visit so nobody needs to stand to attention, they can carry on about their business as if I wasn't in the building. It's quiet tonight, not too many people mingling in our impressive foyer with a large round table that dominates it. I have to admit it is rather elaborate, all gold with a high polished marble top that matches our flooring. On it stands a typical art deco tall vase with an abundance of freshly cut flowers, mainly roses in blush pink and some gypsophila. My mother's favorite. 

My phone beeps, without hesitation I reach inside my jacket and pull it out. My heart misses a beat, it's from Ava. From my Ava. My pace increases until I reach the lift. The doors open smoothly and I step inside the wood paneled space with subdued lighting. I read the words I love you Sebastian. You have no idea how long I've waited to hear those words, they mirror exactly how I feel about my beautiful American Girl

The lift transports me swiftly to the top of our building and opens into my plush suite with ash wood flooring that leads straight to the open plan lounge/bar area. There is a small kitchen area beyond that but I rarely use it. When I am in Chicago I will eat in our restaurant or at another, usually one where I can be sure that no press will be hounding me or people taking photos and videos whilst I eat. I do have a security detail here too but I rarely use them. I've become very adept at knowing where to visit and where not to. 

I place my bag on the floor and exhale. She has reached out to me, I can't believe it. I feel shocked. I'm definitely not a man to play games, nor am I a stupid man. When I have strong feelings for someone like this, I know it is forever and I'm not going to make Ava wait for a response, nor pretend I haven't just flown over ten hours to be in the same country and city as her. Who does that? A man in love, a man who knows he's found his soulmate. That is who. 

Now seated on one of the two over-sized sofas that face opposite each other with a large glass, square table between them I rest one leg on top of the other and begin to message my Ava back. 

Mi querida. It is so good to hear from you. xx 

I love you too. xx

I don't have to wait for long when I receive almost instantly a message.

I wasn't expecting you to reply so soon. Isn't it like four a.m there? Have you been awake all night? I can't sleep.

This makes me smile. It is true, however that had I remained in Spain I certainly would not have slept. My physical pain and breaking heart wouldn't allow me to sleep and thinking about what I let slip through my fingers by keeping a secret, is not something I want to dwell on. I am here now, I am close to her and we are talking and her words, I love you have filled my heart so much I feel as if it will burst. I'm longing to go to her but it won't be right to do so tonight. No, it has to be right since there is some explaining to do and not just about Marissa laying a kiss on my lips. That for her is standard, she kisses everyone like that. 

I am here in Chicago. In fact I am less than twenty minutes from your apartment. 

You're what? Oh. My. God. Sebastian!!!

What did you think I would do? Stay and let you leave me? My heart has surrendered to you, you are the only woman I want . I told you just before we made love, that the next woman I sleep with will be my wife. 

I remember xx

And this is what I want my beautiful American Girl. I want to hold you every night, to kiss your lips beneath a thousand stars and see your face aglow from the moon light. To hold you in my arms to cherish you forever more. But first we need to talk.

Of course. Listen, Sebastian I'm so sorry I ran out on you. It was childish. You tried to get me to listen but I didn't. I just saw red when I saw that woman kissing you and it made me think about my ex and the fact he cheated on me.

I am not your ex. We covered this already back in Spain, Ava. I told you I would never be like anyone else you have ever met. When my heart is committed, it is exactly that. It does not blow hot and cold. I do not want to be running around with more than  one woman or have love interests around the world. There is an explanation and I need to tell you.

Come over now. I want us to talk tonight, Sebastian.

No mi querida. Not tonight. We need to talk properly and we are both tired and emotionally drained. As much as I want to see you and take you in my arms and hold you, we both need to rest. It is now nearly nine o'clock. I have much to explain and something very important I have to tell you. For this I think it is best we wait until the morning.

I don't want to wait until the morning, Sebastian. I want to see you now, this evening. I want you tell me tonight.

Tomorrow mi querida. That is the end of it. I don't mean to be upsetting you or to appear cold but I am tired and exhausted as must you be. Let us get some rest knowing that whatever I have to say is not hurtful or bad but it will take you time to digest and then you can decide whether you will want to spend forever with me. 

Sebastian, I have no doubt in my mind or my heart how I feel about you right now and I don't think anything you tell me will change that. Please let us see each other this evening.

I do not respond straight away. I'm not being cold nor callous but what I have to tell her is life changing for her and for me and to be honest, I'm so exhausted that talking into the early hours of the morning isn't something I can face right now. I need to choose the right words, I need to ensure that my beautiful American Girl doesn't scare away and decide that what I tell her is too much for her to take on. 

My darling, Ava. I will come with my driver to pick you up tomorrow morning. I will take you somewhere special and we will talk properly. 

Is she your ex-girlfriend? The woman who kissed you.

No, she is her sister. There is no love interest there. Her name is Marissa and it is just her way, Ava. She kisses everyone, me, her friends, her family. You have nothing to worry about and I tried to pull away when she pulled me into her. Trust me I have no designs on Marissa. Now stop this nonsense in your head. I have already told you but I tell you again, you are the only woman for me. The only woman I have eyes for. There is and will be no other. My heart had stopped beating for ten long years mi querida and then I met you. It began to beat, it fluttered and it opened itself wide. You are the woman of my dreams. Now goodnight Ava darling. Tomorrow my car will be with you at nine and then we will finally talk. 

Okay. I'm not happy about that but I'd be unhappier not seeing you again. I love you, Sebastian.

I love you too mi querida. 

I'm drained and concerned. I've just found her again and I'm so close to being with Ava for the rest of my life. Hopefully. But....... will it be too much for her?