Lost and Found

As he waited for the team to get to his location, Norvyn studied the creature in front of him

As he waited for the team to get to his location, Norvyn studied the creature in front of him. It had wings, and smooth skin. The only hair it had was on its head, and was really long as if it hadn't been cut in a long time. He didn't want to wake it up, he moved just close enough to see it's face. He was careful not to shine his light directly in it's face. It's face was smooth and judging by it's features, he was pretty sure it was a female. Kinda young too, by the looks of it.

"Now, what in the world are you?" He wondered to himself. He couldn't see much of her body since it was covered by her massive wings, but her face was dirty. This told him that she had been on the move for a while. He could also smell something coming from her, was that...blood he was smelling? He couldn't see any injuries but the smell was strong.  He soon heard the team coming, he ran to meet them, as to not wake up the girl.

"Norvyn, what's going on?" Luka asked.

"Yea, we were still looking for out buoys when you called." Jabari added.

"You guys aren't gonna believe this, I still can't myself." Norvyn replied.

"Well, what is it?" TJ asked.

"Follow me. Stay quiet and don't make any sudden noises."

"Norvyn, you're freaking me out." Dalilah said.

"It's not anything bad or scary, just...strange." Norvyn said and waved at the others to follow. The rest of the team was skeptical but followed him, knowing Norvyn would never intentionally endanger them.

As they neared the cave, Norvyn gave them the signal to stay quiet, mostly looking at Jabari.

The whole team soon saw what Norvyn was talking about, needless to say, they were in shock.

"See what I mean?" He whispered.

"What is it?" Jabari asked.

" "It" is a she." Norvyn said, correcting the cub. "And I have no clue what she is. All I know is that I smell blood coming from her and I think she might need help."

"Blood?!" Dalilah exclaimed.

"He's right. I can smell it too." Luka said as he slowly got closer to the winged female. "Usually I would be more cautious about taking in a complete stranger, but I think this one is an exception. I smell something else on her too. Or should I say, someone." Luka focused on the scent and there was no doubt about it. "Sabre."

"Sabre? You're saying Sabre is the reason she's injured. He couldn't hurt anybody bigger than a fly." Norvyn said. 

"Whether it was Sabre or not, we need to get her back to the Crawler and get her checked out. Seems like she's been through a lot." He said and looked at Norvyn. "Mind carrying her, big guy?"

Norvyn was hesitant, but he felt sorry for the poor thing. If Sabre really did have anything to do with her current state, then he would help her.

"Not a problem." He was careful with how he moved her, not wanting her to wake up and be scared. To his surprise, she never stirred. She must have been really exhausted. When he finally rolled her over and moved her wings out of the way, he gasped.

"What's wrong, Norvyn?" Luka asked.

"She's in worse shape than we thought." He said and turned with the girl in his arms. The team saw what he meant. Both her ankles had dark, bloody circles around them and her arms had dozens of small holes, likely from needles. Her clothes were dirty as well. She wore a simple gray one piece and an old sweater that had two large slits in the back.

"Sabre, he really has gone too far this time." Luka sighed. "Let's move team, she needs medical attention, quickly." They all nodded and got into their vehicles. Norvyn had to be really careful, both because of her injuries and his own strength. She felt so small and fragile to him. Her wings felt the same, despite their size. He carefully adjusted them so that they were safely tucked close to her back.

He got into the seat of Rider Five and made sure the girl was comfortable. He felt her snuggle against his chest and sighed. "Your just one big mystery, aren't ya?" He smirked and followed the rest of the team.