Plant Shop Crush

|PAIRING| Modern!Vash Amputee x black!reader female

|WORD COUNT| 4.3 K

|RATING| For Everyone

|SYNOPSIS| Vash works at the plant shop run by his adoptive parents Luida and Brad. You want to add plants to your apartment and aren't very sure where to start so one day after missing a bus, you happen to notice a shop called 'SEEDS' and the cute guy that suddenly called out to you.

|A/N| Reader has asthma. I tend to not see enough fics where the reader has asthma. This isn't my first attempt at writing a one-shot, but it's been a while since I've written one. It's also on my tumblr blckbianxious and AO3 TayT33

"It said in 5 minutes.." You thought to yourself and huffed as you tried to get to the large vehicle in time but to no avail. Running some mid afternoon errands, you saw the schedule for the bus that you usually take to and from the market. Legs slowly coming to a stop as the vehicle pulled away, arms gently dropping to your side breathing more heavily than usual. You decided this was a good time to use your inhaler since you just got it refilled. Opening the brown paper bag, your free hand reached inside and pulled out the small white box. Before you could get it open, from the corner of your eye you noticed a plant. At that moment you were reminded that you've been wanting some plants for your apartment for a while now. It was to not only help for those days when you don't go outside, but to bring more life into your place other than your little furry pet, your Siamese cat named Eclipse.

Turning your head there were more plants that your eyes laid upon. Looking up to see what store it could be, the sign above the entrance with capital lettering that spelled out 'SEEDS'. Hand still holding the box that held your medicine you continued to open the box, shaking the small medicine you removed the cap and placed it between your brown lined and glossed lips. Pressing down on the small metal container it released the medicine as you took a deep breath which you then held for a few seconds before repeating the actions for a second time. Your eyes never left the sign reminding yourself of the store's name. In case another bus decides to arrive early, you decided that you'd come back at a later date.

Meanwhile Vash noticed your figure outside of the store as you took your medication. His blue eyes watched as you looked at the plants and then the sign. Your dark mahogany hair was pulled up into a braided fro-hawk, your short curvy body dressed in simple black cargo pants with a cropped red and white graphic tee. The blonde then noticed your white and black platform sneakers. His attention then was gathered to his mom who had nudged him and gestured for him to invite you inside. His face slightly changed to a soft pink, embarrassed by being noticed. He softly cleared his throat and moved towards you. "Excuse me," He called out. "Would you like to take a look at more plants that we have inside?". When your attention shifted to the tall male he felt his heart skip a beat, your round deep brown eyes looking at him as your plush glossed lip formed into a small sheepish smile.