Chapter 22 - Love story

Alex:

'You've come, you've come,' Alex suddenly spoke with a grin. For a second he looked down on the book, and walked closer towards Nigel afterwards.

'Don José and the Donna Inez led,

For some time an unhappy sort of life,

Wishing each other, not divorced, but dead.'

Alex shook his head and closed the book for now, looking over Nigel's shoulder as he searched through the books as well now.

'Pretty impressive, huh?'

Nigel:

By the time Alex showed up Nigel already had quite a large pile of books on his side and he was going through the pages of another one. He didn't look up at Alex when he appeared, like he was too absorbed in the pages. But he seemed to have heard him.

"Baron Byron.." he mumbled, going through a couple of other pages before he decided that the book he was holding would not be useful and put it back in the closet.

"Byron was a fine writer yes. But what does it have to do with our old grandmasters, Jack?"

Alex:

Alex his mouth corners curled up as soon as Nigel spoke out the name Baron Byron. How did he know? How did he even know that? Alex began to chuckle disbelieved and took place in front of Nigel now - not caring about the less space he had to get himself in.

'Seriously? Do you even know things about Byron? What is wrong with you Nigel? Never expected you to know that.'

He licked his lips and took a deep breath, folding his hands around the book as he shrugged his shoulders.

'Nothing,' he simply answered. 'I just like the book. Have you ever heard of Byron his secret lover? Harness?'

A mysterious grin crossed Alex his face as he stared at Nigel - not wanting to miss a thing of his face expressions.

'No one knew Byron had a secret relationship with Harness, a white haired boy...'

Nigel:

His fingertips stroked over the book rugs as he searched for titles that could be placed in the right category.

"I read Jack, it's not uncommon. Besides, we discussed Byron at school once. Not St. Barnabus,- I mean the school I went before we met."

He looked back at Alex, who finally seemed to have his full attention.

"Not exactly, no.. My previous school was religious as well. They didn't discuss things they didn't want us to know or things that could give use wrong thoughts.. But if no one knew, how is it you do know?"

Alex:

Alex nibbled on the inside of his lower lip as he gazed over Nigel his shoulder in the distance. His hand still rubbed the book cover. For a moment he pulled a thoughtful face - like he has found something in his head what wasn't the think he needed.

'Oh,' he nodded curious now. 'Well, that make sense.'

He pursed his lips for a moment and began to grin mysteriously afterwards - since Nigel didn't seemed to know about Byron his secret lover.

'Exactly, that's why no one knew on the school. Byron went to an prestigious British boarding school for boys where they weren't allowed to have- you know, boy's weren't allowed to be each others lover. In the time they lived, you could get the death penalty. They went to Harrow-on-the-hill. Somehow Harness had this sexual attraction for Baron, and he had the same back - though it went with struggles at the first moment they met. Because they weren't able to do "things" in the school, they always locked themselves up in the unused bathroom which was located somewhere under the floor. The basement. It was like this room with a well, whatever. The point is, they loved each other to death...'