The Happenings

Three years later..

Arlene P.O.V

'Click, clak, click, clak' her heels were pounding the ground. In actual fact, her legs were shaking. Her heart was pounding on the walls of her chest like a raged prisoner. She heard children chattering away. Deep breaths she told herself, deep breaths. Door opens. Silence.

Arlene: good morning class! How are y'all doing today? Good I hope! First, let me introduce myself. My name is Arlene Wayne, you can call me Miss Wayne. Now, can all of you do the same and introduce yourselves to the class please?

That was pretty much how the day went. Her first day as a kindergarten teacher. She'd been so nervous about it as she was teaching in kindergarten for the gifted children. Which would mean that her pupils were studying history, geography, physics and all the works while other kids their age would probably have been learning their abc's or 123's. One boy in particular amazed her. He knew the answers to every single question whether it be general knowledge or add maths. He was only seven. The whole day she couldn't get him off her mind, he was cute, in both ways. Boy, is he going to be one handsome guy when he grows up! Thinking about that particular boy led her to think about Jason. Sure she had loved him at some point, but the love she had for him slowly died. No, she couldn't still feel guilty for dumping him. Afterall she had lost all contact with him since moving to Hendersfield. There was no point in feeling guilty anymore.

Five years later..

Jason P.O.V.

Will she still remember me? I wonder if she will. Afterall it's been over nine years since she broke up with me and left North Island. Should I try to email her manager? Maybe I could ask him if he could help me with my sob story. Is he going to fall for that and let me have an appointment with her? Scrap that, it'll never work Jason. You know she doesn't want to see you. Yes!!! That's it!! I jumped with glee. I was going to buy backstage passes to meet her at her North Island concert next month. Oh yeah! This is going to work!! She'll want me so much..

At her North Island concert.

'I know I don't normally do this, but would anyone care to come up for a duet and sing 'beautiful wonders' with me?' the superstar's voice could be heard through the microphone. Almost all the audience put up their hands, even me. How was she going to choose? Then it struck me, I could wave the white lily that I had brought with me to give her later, it was her favorite. So I did that. 'You sir, over there with that beautiful flower, care to join me for this song?' she picked me! She picked me!! I went up the stage and felt my body tense up when I saw the 300,000 people crowd. Then I looked at Avery. I was fine. Avery looked at me with a jolt surprise and the song started playing. I sang my heart out, gazing into those sky blue eyes. I was crazy for her. After the song, the crowd gave us a standing ovation. 'encore!' someone shouted. I just chuckled in response. Before leaving the stage I turned to Avery and gave her a peck on her cheek. A jolt of electricity when up my whole body. Oh.. How much I yearn to have her touch me again. 'see you soon' I whispered. I don't think she heard me. The rest of her concert was spectacularly amazing. Her face itself could be labelled that on it's own. When cum her voice? I don't know, there isn't a word good enough to describe it. I made my way backstage and knocked on her dressing room door. 'come in' she said. That's what I did. She looked in the mirror and saw that it was me. 'Jason..' 'don't say a word. We were young then. It doesn't matter now. What do you say we try again? I did give you time to figure it all out, didn't I? Nine years to date.' I cut her off. 'Jason.. I'm with somebody now. Im sorry' I heard my heart grow immensely heavy. I felt it break into pieces. It was pain. Very pain.  Tear ducts I didn't know existed started working again. Tears were flowing from my eyes, with each drop hurting my reputation of a macho man. She really screwed me up. Before our breakup I was a footballer and was planning on going pro. After that I just gave up my dreams and dropped out of school. I worked as a gym teacher after that. I really thought she was going to come back to me. What was I thinking?? I laughed to myself and came to a conclusion. I am never going to give up on her. Afterall, I've sacrificed so much for her there's no point turning back, I'd just be filled with disappointments and regrets. I just needed a plan to win her back.

Avery P.O.V.

Jason oh Jason.. Sure he was a nice guy, but she really had no feelings for him anymore. Afterall, she was with Jordan, the cutest guy ever! She couldn't wait to meet him after the show, he had come along on her tour. He was the reason she had her dream come true. He was the reason she was her, being a superstar. Five years ago she had been a kindergarten teacher looking after a bunch of baby geniuses. It was through her job that she'd met Jordan, her dream guy. Tall, handsome and the perfect breed of boyfriend. He had bleached blonde hair, beautiful eyes and his hands fit perfectly into hers. Sure there were minor things about him that bothered her but who cares? There was sure a few kinks in every couple's relationship, this was normal. 'hey there beautiful' a figure that was leaning against her dressing room window had spoken. She closed her eyes and smiled. 'Jordan! I thought you were supposed to be helping Marie with her homework?' marie was their secret daughter. She was a year old. She'd had Marie when she took a year vacation with Jordan in a third world country. No one had bothered them then, she wasn't as famous back then as she was now, so she felt lucky to have been able to have a family whilst her career ongoing, what-more the perfect family she dreamt of having since young. 'I came to see you darling! If all your fans could come see you perform onstage, why can't I, your boyfriend come see you? Marie's fine, she understands all the first grade papers you assigned her to do. In fact, she said that it was easy peasy.'he added with a chuckle. Marie truly reminded Arlene of Jordan. She thanked god for that fact. 'I saw you with that guy just now. That was Jason, wasn't it?' he added. Being with Jordan for over four years now, he'd become her best friend and knew everything about her and even more. Arlene was grateful to the omnipotent being up there for granting her such an understanding and loving boyfriend. Secretly though, she'd been hoping for sometime that he could be even more than a boyfriend. She was definitely contemplating marriage.

Jason's momma's P.O.V.

'Jason,darling, how was the concert?' Mrs. Kane asked. She'd been worried about her boy for almost a decade now. She was on the brink of sending him for therapy but never got to it as she loved her only son and unconsciously went into denial that he clearly needed help. This boy had a bright future ahead of him but at seventeen, a girl had changed all that when she broke up with him. It was clear that she didn't want him. But boy! Was he vain about her. He never moved on. It hurt her that he'd become so crippled and dependent by that breakup, but what could she do? He was 25 and clearly had a mind of his own. 'it was fantabulous momma! I gave Arlene a peck on her cheek onstage. I also met up with her afterwards, great news momma!! She still remembers me!!'he gushed. Cathy Kane scoffed at his sentence. Of course she'd remembered him. She broke his heart and somehow managed to mentally handicap him. She didn't blame Arlene though. Though she was truly an angel in every manner, Cathy Kane had a feeling that Arlene and Jason weren't right for each other. She had her reasons for believing so.

'good for you honey, good for you.' was all she could manage.