The night.

"Diego stop moving." Valentina said while trying to sleep. "I can't" said Diego. "Just use my bedroom I'll sleep somewhere else." Valentina said while getting out of bed. "Are you sure?" Said Diego guilty. "Yeah of course it's a big house we have plenty of room, I'll sneak back in the morning so our parents think we slept in the same room." Said Valentina getting a blanket in the closet. "Okay, thanks I owe you one" Diego said while walking out. Valentina walked to the kitchen. She went to the freezer and got ice for her water. She then walked outside to see the stars. It was a hot night but breezy. She loved looking at the stars it made her always wonder what she's doing with her life. She always wanted to be in the fashion industry. But her mother and father didn't approve. She started at this one star, and lost focus of her surroundings. She was deep in thought. Someone tapped on her shoulder. "Jesus you gave me a fright Miguel" she said. "Sorry, you left your cigarettes in my room." Miguel gave her the pack of cigarettes. "Thanks Miguel." She said smiling. "Can I borrow a lighter?" Said Valentina. "Yeah here" Miguel gave her one, he always had one on him. "I'll leave you alone now." Miguel said. "Goodnight Miguel" said Valentina. "Goodnight Valentina."
Valentina was left on her own again. She took out a cigarette lightening it. She hoped her parents are asleep and won't find her smoking a cigarette. They would kill her if they did find her. She took a drag of her cigarette, inhaling the fumes and blowing it out. "You shouldn't be smoking, pretty lady" said mateo giving Valentina a fright. "You fucking scared me" said Valentina.
Mateo chuckled. "May I have one?" He said while sitting down across the table. "Yeah of course, here's a lighter if you need it." Said Valentina giving him the cigarettes and lighter. He lit up his cigarette and she looked at him. She admired him. She was practically in love with him.