「Subaru Natsuki」

The plastic bag crinkled, his fingers tightening around it as he stepped out of the convenience store. The sliding door dinged softly behind him, its monotonous sound a familiar backdrop to his evenings. He stifled a yawn, stretching his mouth wide, feeling the weariness of repetition. "Every day, the same games," he muttered to himself, "I could use a little thrill for a change."

Suddenly, the darkness above was pierced by a blazing streak of orange. The entire heavens seemed to catch fire as a shooting star blazed across it, casting an otherworldly glow on the ground below. "Incredible..." he whispered in awe.

With a quick motion, he fished out an old flip phone from his bag, fingers fumbling in his excitement to capture the fleeting moment. Subaru's fingers danced across the worn-out buttons of the flip phone, trying to navigate to the camera function as quickly as possible. Just as he was about to snap the photo, the shooting star seemed to have suddenly changed directions. 

"Oh shit its coming this way!" He bellowed getting into a running position. Although the universe had other plans, He had only made it two feet before the earth behind him exploded in an uproar of flames, wind & debree. Said force upheaved him about 7 feet into the air. 

"Aarght!" He screamed upon his descent. His vision became blurry now filled with dust clouds birthed from the burning of charred rocks. Not having the strength to get to his feet he crawled towards the only defined source of light he could find, The words "Green!" echoed in his mind. 

He wasn't sure if the strength was beginning to return to his body or the light enchanted him with strength but either way he could care less, he was now at the source. Before him was a open silver pod with black stripes and within was a floating slim and sleek watch with a black and gray wristband, and the face of a dial which had a  glowing black and green symbol within. 

In a mix of ecstasy and curiosity he reached forwards to touch. As if it had a mind of itself the device leaped at him finding its way past his fingers and landing comfortably on his wrist. It hummed and pulsed, its interface illuminating a shade brighter, while a distinct click emanated from its core, signaling its activation.

 It hummed and pulsed, its interface illuminating a shade brighter, while a distinct click emanated from its core, signaling its activation

Panic coursed through Subaru. "What the--?" he exclaimed, tugging at the object now firmly strapped to his wrist. But before he could examine it more closely, the world around him began to warp and twist. The once-familiar surroundings of the convenience store, the sidewalk, and even the night sky blurred together in a whirl of colors and sounds.

When the sensation of vertigo stopped and his surroundings stabilized, Subaru found himself in a different world entirely. A cobblestone street lay beneath his feet, lined with medieval-looking houses and bustling with people in period clothing. A giant half-moon hung in the sky, even though it was midday. The atmosphere was both strange and familiar, like something out of a fantasy anime. 

And there he was on his knees looking like some lost child tying to fix a broken playing toy. "What the fuck just happened." He murmured  eyeing the watch-like device on his wrist. "Is this some kind of game?"  "Wait no where  am i?" He paused taking in this new environment