thirty-two

A week had passed, and it was 5 pm.

"Hey Joshua! Do you have anything in your schedule?" Jun asked, coming with a big smile on his face.

"I don't think so. I wanted to visit Seungcheol, but I can cancel it if you want. Why?" Joshua replied.

"I told you last week about me, Minghao, you, and Seungcheol hanging out idea, right? Let's hang out later!"

"That's a great idea. I can finally ship you and Minghao~~" Joshua teased.

"Shut up! I can ship you and Seungcheol as well!"

"I told you I don't like him, Junhui!"

"Okay okay, I was joking."

Joshua went to a quiet empty room and called Seungcheol. Ring ring. Ring ring.

"Hi Joshh! Do you want anything?" Cheol said.

"I want you to be ready at 6 pm. You will hear the rest later!"

"At least tell me how to dress."

"Anything you want! Just be outside at 6 pm. If not, I will eat your butt."

"Good joke. See you later!"

Joshua hung up. What a good day! Joshua never had the chance to hang out with a mini friend group. Today is finally the day he can forget about Jeonghan!

He also started to lose feelings for him. Or is that a lie? Anyway...

***

"Jeonghan! I have good news!" Seungkwan shouted.

"What is it now? Don't tell me you are hanging out with Hansol... Is it already a week since then?"

"Yes, Hansol invited me... but he invited you too! That's the good news!"

"Really?! Oh my god, I'm so happy! I can finally get out of this house!" Jeonghan jumped like a child with excitement. "But what about Dad? And my bruises? Hansol will ask about it..."

"Don't worry. I already told Hansol everything." the younger boy said with a lower voice.

"Oh, okay. And Dad?"

"Well, I don't really care a bit about him! He can kill me, I don't care. I will meet with Hansol, and THAT'S IMPORTANT."

"I wish Joshua would be with us too..." Jeonghan pouted.

"Not now, but one day maybe! Now get up and dress up."

Jeonghan got up and looked for his sweater. Wait? Where is it? Oh. It's at Joshua's place. What else should he wear then? The shirt he bought the day when they went to the mall together? Nah. Only on special days. But this was a special day...

He took a black pair of shorts and a white T-shirt printed with some metal rock band.

He didn't even listen to that band, but okay. Bro, it didn't even match his personali-

"I'm done!" Jeonghan went to Seungkwan, who was double-checking if he had everything in his bag.

"Why do you need a bag?"

"We will go to a lot of places. Clothes shop is one."

"And why are you bringing a bag? Weird."

"Let's go! Hansol is already waiting for us outside." Seungkwan said.

***

"Surprise! We are hanging out with my friend Jun and his crush Minghao!" Joshua smiled.

"Oh, what? We are hanging out? Then wait, I need to chang-"

"No, Seungcheol. You're okay like this. We need to go, they are already waiting for us."

Joshua started the engine and drove all the way to a cute little restaurant with a big view of the city.

"We will go to more places. But we need to eat first."

Joshua and Seungcheol entered the restaurant and looked for the other two boys.

Instead of two, he spotted three.

"Joshua! Here!" Jun shouted.

Huh? Why were there three boys? There were supposed to be only two. There was Jun, the fashionista boy he always talked about, and a golden retriever-looking boy.

"Oh. I forgot to mention! He's Mingyu. A friend of Minghao."

"Hi!" Seungcheol said quietly.

"Are you Seungcheol?" a sweet voice spoke.

"Yes. Who are you?"

"Xu Minghao. Nice to meet you."

Everybody got up and greeted each other. How iconic this night would be in a friend group of 5 people! Wait. Not only 5. More people would join.

***