Chapter 3: Gayson Fartell

Song suggestion: Head over heels - Tears For Fears

*****

"What's their name?" I asked, curious.

A moment's pause.

"Grayson Farell."

That doesn't sound like a girl's name.

Fuck me. I groaned inwardly.

It was probably going to be some nerdy upper set guy, with more freckles than bitches, and glasses that are black and squared, lenses so thick you'd wonder why he hasn't been deemed legally blind at that point.

It's not like it matters anyways, I could just not show up to the sessions. I'll have to figure out a way to bribe the guy, so he doesn't snitch on me to Nick.

I couldn't express how much I was not looking forward to school.

*****

(First person)

"Holy shit Donovan! You actually showed up?" Jackson laughs in disbelief as he wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close.

A smile forms on my lips instantly, glad that we're at least in some of the same classes. He makes lessons tolerable.

"Had no choice. Nick's back..." I say and his face goes from confusion to understanding almost immediately. And then I see a flicker of excitement in his eyes.

"How's he doing by the way? Oh uh- and Beatrice? How's she doing.." he asks, dispassion clear in his voice towards the end.

"He's doing good, being a pain in my ass though..." I groan and think back to his lecturing. "Oh and Bailey is well. They're both doing well." A moment's pause.

"Although..." I trail off thinking about their recent fights, it didn't look like they were going to be together much longer if I'm being totally honest.

"Although what?" He asked immediately, waiting for me to continue

"Chill..." I laugh at his eagerness. "They've been fighting a lot... And I mean a lot. They argue every hour on the dot, getting annoying..." I sigh dramatically.

He grins to himself.

I smile.

"Oh yeah before I forget, want to come over for dinner today?" I ask him, noticing the not so subtle look of joy he's giving me.

He coughs and clears his throat semi-awkwardly "Sure I'd love to! I mean- Uh yeah whatever that's cool..." He shrugs nonchalantly. I smirk at him knowingly.

I look over to the door and that's when Mrs. Brooks comes in and sits down, "Quiet! Enough! Stop fussing! Grow up all of you!" Her shrill voice pierces through the classroom like daggers, and for a second it sounded like the window panes were shattering.

"We have her? You're joking..." I whine to Jackson, my lips forming into a frown.

He smiles at my misery "I thought she was your favourite?" He says with mock confusion.

"Fuck off."

Mr's Brooks starts handing worksheets out to everyone, with the threat of detention if they are not completed. Some, or most of the students started to anxiously complete the double sided sheet, even Jackson it seemed. He wasn't as macho as he liked to act.

I smirked at him scribbling answers down hurriedly. "Pussy."

He glares at me, but doesn't say anything.

The minutes tick by and I look around the class boredly, and then my eyes collide with Mr. Angry man's blue ones. My mouth opens and then closes just as fast.

He's in the same class as me? Just my fucking luck.

He smirks, his teeth gleaming, and then he winks at me. My heart throbs in my chest.

Did he just wink at me...

No. He must've had something in his eye.

I quickly turn, so I'm facing forward. From the corner of my eye I see Jackson staring at me confused, or most likely concerned for my well-being.

I shrug at him dispassionately, and go to grab a pen from my bag. I should probably start the work.

Everytime I blink, his electric eyes bore into my own.

I nervously exhale and roll my shoulders.

"Everyone put your work on the end of my desk and then get out of here." Mr's Brooks demands from the front of the class.

Ah shit...

Students put their worksheets on her desk, and I quickly put my empty one on hers, aiming to put it underneath someone else's, but she sees it before I'm able to, and narrows her eyes down at me. "Detention Mr Anderson."

I groan and Jackson laughs heartily. I followed him out of the classroom.

"Need a piss. Meet you at the astro turf?" He asks.

I nod, and he walks away.

Walking to my locker I punch in the four digit code in and go to open it. That is until someone's muscular arm slams it back shut and I jolt in surprise.

I already knew it was him, like subconsciously anyway, from the strong cologne he always seems to wear, and the tattoos lining his arms gave it away. I shiver as he dips his head down, and whispers, his hot breath fanning my ear. If I moved now, even barely, then his lips would be touching my earlobe.

"Detention on your first day? Such a bad boy..." He says lowly into my ear.

My heart does somersaults, and I feel warmth involuntarily creeping up my neck, to the tips of my ears.

I'm going insane... I groan inwardly.