7- her slytherin prince

✎my boyfriends' in a band, he plays guitars and sings lou reed. 

mattheo riddle?

of course you've heard of him. not good things though, so it surprised you that he'd help you with such good manners?

"miss? i know i'm handsome but no need to stare." nvm. mattheo smirked at y/n, offering his hand. y/n looked him with furrowed eyebrows and looked at his hand as if it was the plague. "no thanks. you can contract stds from hand contact, you know?" mattheo chuckled. "so you've heard." y/n shrugged.

mattheo put his hands into his pocket and sat down beside y/n. "why aren't you in class? you don't rub me as a trouble maker." "i shouldn't be rubbing you on anything and i could say the same for you." y/n retorted, grumpy from the overwhelming events.

(first pov)
mattheo looked at me strangely and looked away. the tension was now awkward due to my last statement. i mentally beat myself up for it, he may be a narcissist but he was trying to help. "hey i'm sorry. i just had a bad day, didn't mean to take it out on you." mattheo looked at me with a grin, "yeah i know."

we sat in comfortable silence as the autumn breeze tickled our faces. i noticed that he was staring- no, studying me? 

"what?" i said with a raised eyebrow, laughing slightly. he simply fake pouted and stood up. "i liked staying here with you y/n but i have detention soon." as he was walking away a sudden realisation clicked in my head.

i never told him my name. 

"hey wait! how'd you know my name?" i shouted watching as he walked away, left with questions un answered. 

(third person)

the whole day y/n spent thinking about her interaction with mattheo which was worrying. she's never thought about anyone- much less a guy. it wasn't like she had a crush on him, she just thought he was so mysterious and wanted to know more.

y/n sat in the great hall, head in hands as luna and cho were walking in. cho took a seat beside her, a concerned expression painting her face. "y/n i haven't seen you all day? where were you?" y/n looked up with tired eyes and smiled softly, "in the past." cho looked at her as if she were crazy and shook her head. luna giggled, "was everything different in the past?" y/n hummed and thought about it. "not really, things just looked newer but seems like hogwarts remained the same after all these years." cho looked at y/n and luna and sighed. 

that night, y/n couldn't fall asleep. she tossed and turned but no matter what she felt no intention of drifting off into a slumber. 

(first person) 

i groaned for what might've been the 949506th time that night. i could hear cho stirring awake, "y/n are you alright?" i chuckled crazily, high on the lack of sleep, and waved her off. "i'm alright cho. nothing to worry your pretty head over alright?" i swear her ears turned a beet shade of red but it must've been the sleep getting to me.

(third person)

cho looked at y/n and could hear the song, 'for the first time' by mac demarco play. even being sleep deprived y/n still looked like the most beautiful girl in this world. cho put a hand to her cheek seeing y/n leave the room and it felt warm. cho fell back onto the bed closing her eyes with a smile intact. 

(first person)

i was half asleep and found myself walking to the astronomy tower. i heaved myself onto every step, wheezing with each one.  i stopped in my tracks when i heard an electric guitar playing. i didn't know what song was playing but it sounded bloody good. so good it woke me up- in a good way. i rested on the top of the stairs and leaned my body on the wall, listening to the melody. i suddenly had a big revelation that the song was 'west coast' by lana del rey. whoever was playing had good music taste. 

i could feel a sneeze incoming and did everything to conceal it yet the music stopped immediately when i let it out. i winced as i heard foot steps coming my way but a smile replaced my face when it was..

"y/n what are you doing here?" mattheo questioned, holding his guitar in one hand and holding a cigarette in the other. "couldn't sleep." i answered as i stood up and faced him. he smirked as he towered over me and beckoned me to follow him. we sat next to the railings, the moonlight being the only thing illuminating us. 

"didn't know you played the guitar." "never asked." i laughed and rolled my eyes. "play something for me."

he stared at me for a second and gave me his cig. "take a hit then i'll think about it." 

i looked at him in shock, he's asking me to smoke? "i've never smoked in my life." 

"first time for everything" i stared at him as if he were a lunatic but thought about it. it's just a one time thing right? 

i inhaled a puff and immediately coughed. mattheo rubbed my back and we both giggled. i took another and got the hang of it. i could see why people got addicted to this stuff now. 

"why do you smoke?" i asked tilting my head slightly. he grinned, "same reason for why you smoke." i scoffed, "i only smoked because you asked me to" "u could've stopped after one hit." he gestured to the cig in my hand. i rolled my eyes knowing he was right. "so you smoke because you can't sleep and you're stressed?" he nodded and tuned his guitar. "when did you learn how to play it." i admired the way his hands worked smoothly with the guitar and how ethereal it sounded. "i've always loved music. it was the only thing that helped me escape from everything." 

i saw the way the light in his eyes died as he answered that question. "you have everything though, good looks, money, friends, and an endless amount of girls wanting you."

"so you admit i'm good looking?" i laughed at his attempt to be funny, "seriously mattheo."

his chuckles slowly died and he smiled sadly, "unfortunately my father does not think that way. he wants me to become the next 'dark lord'. although, i have no plans on taking over and that infuriates him." i analysed his face as he played with his rings. was i the first person he's ever confided in?

"i'm not going to say that i'm sorry and i understand because i don't and that's just annoying to hear- from experience. what i will offer though is my support through your hardest moments and a listening ear." i offered smiling warmly at him as he smiled back. "thanks. i really appreciate it. you know, tomorrow if you're free i can introduce you to my friends." i blushed and teased him, "woah take me out to dinner first."

"bet. tomorrow 5pm, hogsmeade. don't be late, i'll pick you up." i was not expecting that answer. i nodded anyway and shyly replied, "alright. i'll see you riddle." "i'll see you too l/n."

(third person) 

when y/n got back to her dorm and fell into bed, you bet she went to sleep dreaming of her slytherin prince.

A/N: kinda long one heheh!! i promise it's still various x reader just LOVVEEE mattheo sm dk if u can tell LOL and cho too. anyways hope u enjoyed c yaaa<3