My Imagination Huh?

"Lilly, you have to get rid of that imagination of yours. And Rose, quit listening to your sister. You know thats all she has is that imagination," Our mother laughed at us.

"Fine, you go ahead and laugh as if this were nothing but a joke," i screamed at her. "But if this isn't, take this as a warning."

Rose, my year older sister, and myself turned out of the room.

"You know what im thinking?" Rose said as we walked out the fromt door and down the driveway.

"Whats that?" i asked, staring at the ground thinking about stuff. Like whats happening to us.

"Moms hiding stuff from us. And i know it. She's lying." She said it as if she knew it.

"But shes never lied to us before," i said. I wasn't sure if she saw that again i was lying to her and myself. I'd known shed lied before.

"Well, lets go and research this," she smiled and walked down the road toward Jakes house. 

Jake, he was a computer genius, and Roses biggest crush. He was 15 as she was 16. He was good looking too.

*knock knock* Rose knocked on his front door with a big smile on her face.

"Come in Rose!" We heard a voice shout from inside. She slowly and carefully turned the big metal handle and opened the door.

"Honey, we're home!" i laughed. Rose hit me in the arm. We walked up the stairs, past Laurel's, Jakes sisters, oh so incredibly perfect room.

"I got the information you asked for yesterday," Jake said as we entered his room. "But, its not as expected," he said looking away.

"Well, what is it," i said smiling and ran over to his computer. On the screen there were 2 birth certificates. Mine and Roses.

"What up with the certificates?" Rose finally asked. But thats when i saw it.

"Well," Jake started. But i didn't stay to hear the rest and left the room. Rose stayed as i walked out onto Jakes front porch and stared forward at nothing. Helping balance myself with the railing.

"oh, my god!" i faintly heard Rose say loudly. Then she ran out the door and jumped off the deck, dancing. I didn't even look at her, i just stared. "Lilly, you know what this means?!"

"That we're not sisters."

"well, no, still half. But, we have to find them!" my heart stopped as she said 'them'.

'Them' meant our fathers. Mine said Tom. Hers, i didn't see to look. The thing is...

"Wait," Rose stopped dancing amd looked up at me off the front lawn, "Tom... Tom Rhole?"

I nodded. I couldn't believe it. Tom was my adult best friend. I could share everything and anything with him and he never ever got mad. No matter what it was. Did he know who i really was? I wondered.

"Well don't just stand there you two! Lets go get him," thats when i realized that Jake had been standing behind me the whole time.

He walked past me and grabbed Roses hand. "But does she want to?" Jake asked her. Seeing him take her hand like that= surprise? The look on her face as she looked from their joined hands, and up into his face= priceless.

I had to smile.

"The answer is yes dumbass," i said and Rose shot me a look. He didn't let go of her hand as we walked back to our house.

I ran up the steps and into the front area. "Hey! Mom! Whens Tom coming around again?" i shouted for her to hear me wherever she had been.

"He should be here in a few..." the doorbell cut her answer off.