S5: Kim Yooyeon

On July 11, 2022 she was
revealed as S5 Kim Yooyeon.

Kim Yooyeon (김유연; born Feb 9, 2001) is a South Korean idol and S5 of TripleS. She made her debut in 2022 at the age of 21.
Info - 1.65 m (5'5") | Blood Type: B | 🐰

My Teenage Girl

She was part of the show My Teenage Girl Survival show and ranked #8. Being one position away from debuting.

Initially she did not pass the judges' evaluation stage, but was later chosen by judge Soyeon of (G)I-DLE.

She opened an Instagram account because of frequent requests of fans in an Instagram live with another participant from the same show, Park Yerim. But Before announcing her as a member of TripleS, that account was closed.

Subunits (31 dec):
Acid Angels of Asia - Kim Yooyeon, Kim Nakyoung, Gong Yubin and Jeong Hyerin.

Acid Eyes (cherry genes) - Mix of AAA and KRE. Kim Yooyeon, Kim Nakyoung, Yoon Seoyeon, Kim Chaeyeon, Gong Yubin, Lee Jiwoo, Jeong Hyerin and Kim Soomin.

EVOLution - Lee Jiwoo, Kim Yooyeon, Kim Nakyoung, Kim Chaeyeon, Kotone, Kwak Yeonji, Kim Soomin and Mayu.

Fun facts:
— She was the leader of the subunit Acid Angel from Asia (AAA) and is now considered leader of TripleS by many members because of her reliabable personality.
— She is an ex-trainee from Pokedul Studio.
— Her fandom name is Yooenmi.
— Yooyeon is very good at mathematics.
— She studied at Daehwa University.
— Her parents were against her being an idol because her parents want her to have a ‘normal’ job, so she was taking a risk by participating in My Teenage Girl, they didn’t understand her decision.
— She asked her mom if she watched My Teenage Girl, her mom did watch it sometimes but didn’t vote for her because it was difficult for her.
However, when Yooyeon debuted in tripleS, she said that her mom wanted to buy 300 of her objekts (photocards), so fans believe her parents now respect her decision to be an idol.
— Yooyeon’s favorite IU songs are “Someday” and “Heart”.
— She has been studying all her life because her parents wanted her to study Medicine.
— Her mother is a pharmacist and her father is a doctor.
— Yooyeon is currently learning Japanese.

Resources:
https://triples.fandom.com/wiki/Kim_YooYeon
https://kprofiles.com/kim-yoo-yeon-my-teenage-girl-profile-and-facts/
https://www.hallyuidol.com/individual-profile/DDH74LgRl3ftgYpeWhSB