Chapter 12

Author's Notes
I don't know how to write angst but I did my best, though. Do get your tissues ready, should you want to cry...

Enjoy the story!

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Feng's POV
"A big battle broke out in the Luofu a few decennia after our marriage. The abominations of Abundance reacted more violently than usual. Mara-stricken soldiers have quickly multiplied.
The whole Alchemy Commission needed to be evacuated, for the enemies were rapidly outnumbering us. We were quickly losing our troops, territory... and our dear allies and friends..."

"Oh, Dan Feng..."

"But..." I interrupted (M/N) with tears welling up in my eyes. "None of them compared to your death, my love. Days as the battle continued on until the end... I-I lost basically everything... including you..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Lady JingLiu! Please get yourself together! We need to keep going!" a Cloud Knight shouted at the white haired woman, who tightly held a corpse...

"But BaiHeng! Someone needs to tend to her injuries! Please! Anyone!"

"It's already too late, my Lady... She's... no longer breathing..." another Cloud Knight somberly inspected if the purple haired still had a pulse or not, only to find none...

"No... No way... I-I refuse to believe this! She has to be alive! Please! BaiHeng! Wake up! Wake up, please! You can't leave us here! You can't... leave me here..." JingLiu mourned.

JingYuan had a hard look on his face...

YingXing faced away from the scene to take everything in...

And I just stood there with a blank face, looking at the dead BaiHeng with disbelief. There's no way a powerful member of the High Cloud Quintet has left us for good...

There's just... no way...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Someone hold Lady JingLiu down! She's going berserk!" a Cloud Knight Soldier yelled as we saw JingLiu's power going out of control, dragging her adjacent allies with her to be frozen.

"Master JingLiu! Please get yourself together!" JingYuan shouted in despair as said woman began dashing and attacking the three of us with powerful strikes.

Here eyes held no glint of life. They were dull, lifeless and full of negative emotions like rage, fury and hate...

She was stricken with Mara...

I used my Imaginary power, attempting to imprison her, but she was just that fast as a swordswoman and dodged every single attack of mine.

YingXing and JingYuan tried to use every trick they had up in their sleeves, but they all bore no useful results as they kept getting held back by our dear friend's rapid attacks.