Nova

Growing up I was always told to stay on the Rez....never leave it or the monsters lurking the shadows would get me...

I never knew they were real until...one had me in his arms.........

----------

I was the daughter of a single mother whose father had left as soon as she was born...and then my mother passed away a year later.... some say from a broken heart others say from an unknown sickness.

I was taken in by my Aunt Sue who raised me alongside of my cousin's Leah and Seth. Of course, we were best friends who knew each other inside out.

I was taught our ways and laws...especially about the cold ones.

I believed in magic and the most impossible things....and above all I believed in family.

"Nova, quit dreaming and help us carry these in!" Leah yelled at me snapping me out my dreaming. "I wasn't dreaming! I was planning out my queen-sized room!" I yelled back sticking my tongue out at her. She rolled her eyes at me heading inside. I followed behind her when she stop lighted me making me crash into her. "Leah!" I growled.

We had just moved into the Reservation in Forks Washington a week ago and our stuff was barely getting here, and Leah was by no means helpful.

I went inside placing the box on the kitchen counter. "Leah, what did I say about stopping in front of your sister like that?" Sue scolded Leah. "I was playing, she likes it. " Leah joked heading back outside. "No, I don't!" I called after her.

Even though Sue was my Aunt I saw her more as a mother since she raised me. And a great mother she was...

She hugged me tight smiling. "How's the move so far? Are you happy here?" She asked me. I nodded my head smiling. "Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"I'm just asking sweetie, I know you wanted to finish school back home but with my job moving us we had no choice but to come back."

We had lived here when we were younger, Harry had moved here when they divorced seven years ago. He moved out here in Forks while we stayed behind in our old house. Now we were back since Sue was a Nurse and Forks hospital had requested more help after losing a few nurses. We had move onto the Reservation thanks to Harry who had gotten us a nice spot right next to the beach.

"Nova, quick sitting around a go grab the last box." Leah snapped at me. "I'm talking to mom, besides you just want to go visit Sam.." I tease her. She turns red and turns her back on me. " So, what if i do..." she growls walking away. "Don't forgot to place flowers in your hair! Guys love that!" I yell after her teasing her. She flips me off closing the door.

The clock dings letting us know its seven o'clock.

"Opps better get ready, shifts starts at eight thirty! Don't forget to feed Seth!" Mom smiles heading upstairs quickly leaving me to unpack the kitchen.... alone...

-----------

"Seth Pizza!"

I called up to him. Mom said to feed him, she didn't say what to feed him.

I placed two pizzas on the table and grabbed two plates. "Oh Sweet! What kind did you get?" he dived into the boxes happy. "Combination and Chicken BBQ, plus Leah and mom are out so just us." I go to grab a slice when the phone rings. I grab it smiling at the number. "Yes mother?"