PROLOGUE

DISCLAIMER: 

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or are fictitious.

 Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events are purely coincidental. 

This is not affiliated in any businesses, schools or any of the said/mentioned fields in this story. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"Why don't you go for a check-up?" Lianne said while taking a bite of her food. We're currently here at Ayala Malls Starbucks. Wala si Lei, she had to take care of her little ones since her husband, Darius, was on duty sa hospital. And she found no one to take care of them for 2 hours. 

"It's not necessary. I'm fine. I'm just tired because of work. I can rest on my day-off." Lianne was so sure that what I'm feeling right now is not normal. I had a high fever last week, and I collapsed days ago. That's why hindi mapakali 'tong mga kaibigan ko. Even Lei, whose with us through the phone is scolding me.

[Diba doctor asawa ni Lianne? Pati asawa ni Kai ah? Pa-check up ka dun sa dalawang 'yon o magtanong ka kung may kakilala silang doctor na magcheck-up sa'yo.] Lei while trying to feed her daughter Reign and son Damon. 

"Gago cardiologist asawa ni Lianne." Sumbat ni Yumi kay Lei, lagi sila nag-aasarang dalawa ever since college, kahit ngayong may sarili na silang mga pamilya. 

[Aba, malay koba. Sorry, not interested sa profession ng mga asawa niyo. Basta neurologist asawa ko. Ay put-] Biglang umiyak si Damon. 2 years old palang kasi siya, so medjo iyakin pa. 

Yumi suddenly laughed so loud. "Lei, anak mo alagaan mo." She's trying to continue what she's about to say pero nahihirapan siya kakatawa."Muntikan pa ituloy ang mura eh. Baka mayugyog ka ni Darius pag ang narinig niya kay Damon ay mura." Tas tumawa ulit. 

[Bye girls. I'll take care of Reign and Damon first. Yumi, I'll get back at you. Just wait until next time. See you guys. Bye.] Then she ended the call. 

I sighed and stared at my phone. I'm so happy that my friends got the life that they deserve. Family that they dreamed of. Got married to the man who they love the most. But when will I experience all that? I'm a little jealous when seeing them with their husband and kids. 

"Natulala ka na dyan." Lianne pinched my cheek a little, kaya I came back to my senses. 

"Nothing, just thinking of something". 

I got my phone out and scrolled through my Instagram. Liking posts and stories from friends. 

zevander_quez:  wala ba kayong Instagram or Facebook man lang, diba friends tayong lima sa socmed. 

maureenaiah:  Ha?

zevander_quez:  Hatdog.

maureenaiah:   nu problema mo?,,,