Chapter 2: A 10-year Goodbye

Secretary's Statement
December 25, 1992
Sec. Roxanne Woods

"This should be goodbye," those were his last words. I never thought that he would end up dying in his own hands. His arms, covered in blood were shaking in fear and regret. His eyes were full of tears, tears of sadness, of regret that his eyes would never gaze again at the bright sun and at the vast blue skies. The life that he left behind would never be the same in any angle again. His way of life, his own opinion on how life works and his own theories on how we can change the world with one small step influenced the world, making it undergo in serious era changes that led to success. Everything in this world will change without him. The ways of science that he wanted to change was now just a dream yet to be reached but can never be. There's really no telling when death will come and seek us, whether it's by our own hands or not. We don't know when we will meet our end but whether it's now or sometime tomorrow, we can assure that we will all meet the same end of the line, and that is death. We all know what death is, and that is the end of life, the start of nothingness and the eternal demise of all souls. But, his ideologies were different. He believed that death itself is not the end but it's a start of something new; a new life. He believed that death still holds many secrets that are yet to be uncovered by mankind; by him. He always tried to make people believe him, convince other people about his thoughts but no one was interested in what he was saying. Instead, he was called a hypocrite, a dirty hypocrite who was once a non-believer but turned into a stupid and insane scientist who believes in afterlife! But I myself was intrigued in what he was trying to convey. Not all scientists or maybe none at all believes in paranormal concepts and ideas but unknowingly, one of them does, and that is Doctor Mayer. I was never really interested in such issues and affairs but his determination piqued my interest and made me into what I am today. I am the secretary of the one that you're calling insane and stupid, and I am still proud of working with him. Yes, I am just a mere secretary, his note writer, but I do believe in his way of thinking. I know that I don't hold much knowledge about science or something related to paranormal issues, but I do believe in something that I myself witnessed. So you may be saying that I myself witnessed ghosts? No, I never did, but I saw my master's determination, the fire in his eyes that was telling me that there is really something in there and it does exist. I just want to make all things clear. My master is not insane and what he's saying is true. And mark my words, he is not lying that this is just a 10-year goodbye. Thank you.