Chapter 6

3rd POV

He watches her as she falls asleep in his arms a wave of protectiveness washes over him. Nothing will hurt her as long as he can stop it. Nothing. Her intoxicating scent fills him as he wraps her in his arms bringing her close closing his own eyes. River happy to have her close. A knock at the door startles her out of his arms and she runs into the corner of the room farthest from the door. What did that pack do to her. He'd kill them himself for hurting his mate. He growls protectively but opens the door. Tyler is at the door with one of the warriors.

"Eric called." Tyler says. "He wants to know when we're coming back."

Rosetta peaks around Nickolas her body pressed almost fully against his as he takes up the full doorframe. Tyler quirks a grin.

"Can I stay?" She asks quietly she lifts Nickolas's arm and settles herself under it curling into his side. He pulls her close. "I feel safe here."

"Do you not feel safe with us Rosie?" Tyler asks. He's trying to pull out that she and Nickolas are mates. Nick knows it. But Rosetta probably doesn't.

"I do." She sighs. "Even if two of the four of you still think it's weird that I'm there." She says she puts her hand on Nicks chest. Whether she noticed or not he couldn't tell. "Let's face it. Nick is where I belong. He and River they're my home."

Tyler quirks another grin before nodding. "Okay." He says. "Just know that you're always welcome back." He says. He gives her a quick hug kissing her head. River growls at him. "Sorry Nick. Rosie's been a sister too me since I found her at my house. No romantic feelings."  Tyler's no rouge, an honorary member of The Sword pack that just lives with his family instead of with the pack. Mostly out of necessity. How do you explain werewolves?

That tamps down any jealousy in River, but River still didn't like that another wolf had his hands on his mate.

"I know I'm safe here Ty," she says. "It's not like Scott's pack." Her big doe eyes look up at Nick and he growls appreciatively. She smiles at him. "I'll keep in touch. I promise. Tell Eric I'm okay."

He nods and shifts heading out. Rosetta looks up at him.

"You stayed." He says.

"Did you want me to go?" She asks suddenly nervous."

"I'll always want you to stay with me." He assures her. "Come, let's see where you'll be living now."

He shifts and she follows suit and he nuzzles her keeping her close as they run through the pack territory. He stops and playfully tackles her to the ground.

Her beautiful gold eyes look up at him. "Yield." His voice is soft and playful as he growls with her pinned. His own yellow eyes filled with happiness and a playfulness that he's never had before.

Instead she nuzzles him a soft growl comes from her warming his chest. Softening Dove making happy that his mate was happy. She must have noticed because suddenly she has him pinned. Only a few moments before letting him go and brushing their pelts together and laying next to him impossibly close to him. Her soft growls continuing.

"Mine." He says.

"Yours." She echoes. She doesn't miss a beat. She sounds happy saying it. "Are you happy that it's me? I'm just a pup."

He nuzzles her. He can feel her doubt. "You're what the goddess has gifted me. You're perfect for me. You'll learn. I'll help you."

She sighs happily.

***

Rosetta

River and I head back to the pack house and he keeps me close to him. He doesn't take his eyes off me for a moment. His protectiveness and possessiveness of me makes Dove happy, and for once it doesn't annoy me.