[34]

XXXIV

XXXIV

My head snaps around so fast it feels as if it could snap off. Marco looks me up and down whilst poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue aggressively.

"Jesus, Marco, y-"

"Don't start running your mouth Lana, you know what will happen if you do." He says, following a low chuckle. His eyes darken for a moment, as they roam around my body before connecting back with mine.

"Stop looking at me like that and let me explain." I say, leaning against the wall. He reluctantly nods in agreement before forcing me aside and locking my bedroom door. "What, don't want anyone walking in on us?" I ask sarcastically. His eyes madly find mine again and he pauses.

"Yeah... Something like that."

I can't think straight around Marco, and the sexual tension is suffocating to say the least. He is a player, a fuckboy, and I of all people cannot fall into his trap.

I gulp, tapping my foot up and down on the floor as I wait for him to return back to the other side of the room. But before he even makes it there, he opens his mouth to speak.

"You think you're so smart, huh?" I look away from him for a moment and scoff. "Look at me when I'm talking to you." He demands. I instantly do as he instructs and look fixedly back up at him.

"Bite me, Marco." I spit, rolling my eyes in his direction. He's trying to be such a smart ass and it's starting to aggravate me. His lips twitch ever so slightly before he stalks towards me and grabs me around my waist.

"What the fuck ar-"

He throws me onto the bed, turns around, and pulls out a chair which he seats himself on. "Do you even know what you've put everyone through?"

"Including myself" He quickly adds.

I sit up, feeling defeated under his gaze.

"Gone silent now? Well this is your one chance to explain everything before I walk out of that door and tell everyone your dirty little secret."

I smile and swivel my legs around so I'm sitting on the edge of the bed, directly opposite him."Is that supposed to be a threat?" I ask mockingly, as I lean in closer to him.

He stands up, walks towards me, and tilts my chin up ever so slightly with his index finger.

"Do you really wanna find out?"

No. I really don't. Even just Marco knowing is dangerous. But what was I expecting? Of course Marco would be the person to put this all together. I have been spending rather a lot of time with him lately.

I stare and watch in awe as his eyes darken, radiating danger and jeopardy from them. There is something so dire yet enthralling about him, from his dark features to his defined body. He gazes at me a little more before slumping back down on his chair and stretching over the back of it, his shirt tightening to revealing his muscles.