I hate you and you hate me...there, now we're even with each other. (Chp. 1)

Prologue

My feet barely made any sound as I raced across the pavement of the school parking lot. My heart was racing at least 100 mph and I was beginning to lose steam and was slowing down. If I kept up this pace, HE would catch me, and I for sure didn't want to die at seventeen.

I willed myself to pump my legs harder which caused pain to inflame in my legs. I wish I had listened to Seth. He was so right about this guy. And now I was going to die because of that stupid mistake. I mentally slapped my brain and whispered to myself, "Stop it. I'm going to get out of this. I'm going to get away." Though I was so wrong. As soon as I said that, my life flashed before my eyes as I fell to the ground at an amazing speed...all because of a stupid rock.

I was hurled to the ground and the side of my head collided against the pavement. Pain sprung to life in my head and I wrapped my arms around it.

That was when I heard a deep, angry voice speak and interupt me from my thoughts, "I wouldn't be to cocky about getting away so easily, sweetie." I felt a pair of strong, rough arms lift me up off the ground and push me against one of the cars in the lot. I swallowed and slowly opened my eyes only to find the one person I had absolutely trusted and loved only to be fooled into one of his sneaky, little games. He smiled evilly and his green eyes turned to a blood red. I swallowed and looked away. But he reached across and used his hand to force my eyes to look into his, "Don't deny the truth, sweetie. Because whether you want to accept it or not..." he leaned over and whispered into my ear, "...you're just like me."

I shook my head violently and tried to push him away but all he did was grab my wrists and pin them to my sides in a death grip, "No!! I'm nothing like you!! You're a monster!!" I screamed at him. He glared menacingly at me and squeezed my wrists so hard it made me yelp in pain, " I warned you about doing anything you'd regret. Now you're going to pay for it all. Too bad you're going to die before you realize just how much power you have." he hissed.

I began to scream and kick with all my might but no matter how much strength I used, he was not phased by my actions. It was then that I realized I was using up all my energy to get away from an un-escapeable grip when I could have been saving it and thinking of ways to escape. He let out a deep growl and dug his nails into the skin around my wrists. Blood seeped from my skin and onto the ground. I held in my pain until he squeezed it so hard that a flash of white blinded me and I screamed out. That was when he reacted and began to beat me.

I fell to the ground in pain and he took advantage of that to began kicking me over and over in in my chest and stomache. I curled up into a ball but all he did was get on top of me and began to punch me. I tried to protect myself but he was too strong. When he pried my hands from my face, that's when I finally realized just of how much of a monster he was. He hissed at me and fangs...fangs popped out of his mouth and he smiled wickedly. I let out the most sharpest scream I'd ever made and he leaned down so quickly before I even blinked and sank his fangs into my neck.

My pain began to become so unbearable that I didn't have the strength to scream anymore. I felt the strength being drained out of me and my world slowly began to subside into a sea of black.

---------------------------------

                                                                     Chapter 1