The Race to Hamunaptra

They made it to the village and there they rested for the night. Next morning they set about purchasing supplies with the money they had including necessary supplies like food, water, transportation, and proper travel clothing since Leonardo was in his Pyjamas when they had to abandon ship.

After some bartering Donnie managed to procure them four camels for transportation and to hold their supplies.

"We could have gotten them for free," Donnie mutters as Usagi pulls the camels along. "At the price of trading your brother," Usagi pointed out. "I have buyers regret already," Donnie bemoans.

Usagi shakes his head at this. "You are willing to sell him given the moments notice, but if anyone were to lay a hand on him you would be ready to kill. You confuse me Donatello-San," Usagi said and Donnie smirks proudly. "Well I just enjoy being confusing for those of lower intelligence," he said smugly.

Usagi rolls his eyes before he asks. "Are you really just here for knowledge? Or the gold?" Usagi questions. Donnie takes a moment clearly thinking of his answer and weighing the pros and cons of it.

"Honestly I've been bored. I haven't had a proper challenge of the mind in ages and archeology is a new field that can hopefully do that. That and I want to discover something impressive while still a teenager. The younger you do it the more impressive it is and in turn I will also snag a jewel or three to keep as a momento for the journey. I'm hoping to discover the book of the Amun Ra while there. It's what got me interested in archeology when I was a child. Scholars have been after it since it's first recorded mention and no one is sure if even exists. To prove fiction to fact is a once in a life time opportunity," Donnie explains clearly giddy at the thought with how his eyes lit up and he flaps his hand around sporadically. "Oh and maybe a souvenir or two to bring back to the family,"he adds as a after thought.

"I appreciate your honesty about taking some jewels for yourself. Though obvious not all admit it so blatantly," Usagi said with a note of approval. "Well they don't have the gun power to defend themselves if they're caught," Donnie points out.

Usagi nodded. "And your brother? Why is he here?" Usagi questions. "Same as me but different reasons. Leo's bored and he's hoping for a challenge. He's getting enough excitement just from keeping this from our family back home. And he needs a distraction too," Donnie answers when a camel tries eating his bandana tails.

"Hey! Hey!" He pats it away making Usagi laugh at his misfortune.

"So bugs can laugh," Usagi turns and he stops short when he saw Leonardo.

Leonardo was now wearing feminine dark blue attire that protected him from the sun rays and a see through covering that cave him a rather mysterious and exotic appearance. His entire apparel looked beautiful and breathtaking on his body protecting it from the sun, but also leaving his beautiful features like his stripes visible.

"Seriously Leo? Are you trying to attract the wrong crowd?" Donnie questions. "I do that no matter the attire and I swear it wasn't my fault this time! Check the stalls they were only selling ladies clothes," Leo defends himself clearly annoyed.

He then noticed Usagi was still staring at him and snaps his fingers. Usagi blinks startled to be caught staring. "Eyes are up here snowy," Leo said pointing at his face before looking behind Usagi and sneering. "At least you have the decency not to stare like a animal in rut," The two look behind themselves seeing the Warden openly staring at Leo up and down.

"If you kill him I will turn a blind eye," Usagi tells them. "Not yet we need someone to set off possible traps," Donnie answers when the camel spat at him.

Leo laughs outright at this while Donnie hisses at the animal. "This one's mine," Leo said climbing up onto the camel.

"You would," Donnie said dryly climbing up as well.