»one«

Demi*

As I climbed down the stairs the aroma of chicken Alfredo scented my nostrils. Pulling my hair into a loose ponytail and making my way into the overly large kitchen, male voices rose from the basement door. With a raised eyebrow I glanced at the open door and then to my mom who was preparing dinner. She was setting up the table, placing four plates infront of each seat.

"Who's the extra one for and who's in the basement?" I asked.

Deciding to help set the table I grabbed the forks. Placing them neatly on the right side of each crystal white plate.

"Your brothers friend, could you call them up?"

"Sure"

Placing the last fork down I walked back over to the open door and stood under the frame.

"Joe and friend! It's time to eat!"

There was a little shuffling and then clicking of game controllers tapping amongst one another before I saw Joe. His grown body blocking the view of the other boy. Before they could run me over I stepped aside, letting them past. They pushed one another as I got a view of Joe's, oh so hot friend.

"This smells great, Diana"

He spoke, taking a spot next to my usual seat. They're on first name bases now? Where was I?

My mom giggled and sat the food in the middle of the table. Her usually pale cheeks hinting at a soft pink color now.

"Thank-you Nick, at least someone appreciates it," My mom glared between Joe and I.

Nick, Joe's friend, looked up at me as I sat down. I smiled politely at him and glanced over to Joe, who was piling his plate with pasta.

"Yo Joe, I forgot you told me you had a little sister." He said making Joe snap his head up at me.

Joe began to scold at me and I rolled my eyes at him. Nick chuckled at our passive behavior as my mom took the act of serving him his food.

"She's annoying"

"Very annoying and whiney too," My mom joined.

They all laughed and I slumped into my seat. Picking up my fork and poking at my food.

"Whatever. I'm not."

They laughed louder at my sudden misery of being embarrassed infront of Nick. My brothers hot new friend.

"and mom why are you on Joes' side, he's the problem child"

I grunted at the obvious. Joe flicked me off and I smirked.

"Hey!" My mom shouted at Joe with her fork.

"Sorry"

"See what I mean? Problem child"

"Demi, sometimes I just want to sew your lips together and choke the fuck out of you"

My mom smacked the back of Joe's neck and I held my hand out. A smile formed on my lips and an angry scowl drew on Joes face. Not my fault he can't control his tongue. Joe dug in his pocket for a five dollar bill to give to me. Nick chuckled as he placed the money in my awaiting hand.

"Why did you give her money?"

"Everytime he swears infront of me, he owes me money. Like a swear jar."

"Oh, so you're banked?"

A smile played at the corner of his lips as he joked with me. I laughed and nod my head.

"When will it stop? She's not nine anymore mom!" Joe complained.

When we were younger if Joe spoke of inappropriate language infront of me, I got to eat his dessert. Moms chocolate cake is still the best on the block.

"When you learn to watch your mouth," she simply replied.

Nick and I giggled and I knew that I would like him. He seemed way cooler than Joes other friends.

For the rest of dinner Joe and I went on torturing eachother. Now Nick, Joe, and I was outside in the driveway. Joe went into the garage to retrieve the basketball and I rolled my sweatpants up twice, exposing my waist-line.

"I've never seen you at school with Joe, why?"

"I go to Washington Prep. All girls private school. Death."

I said pulling my shirt down a little. Nick chuckled the same time I heard the bouncing of the orange ball against the concrete.

"Demi, phone!" My mom yelled, poking her head out the door.

"See ya around Demi," Nick said, giving me a half smile and a wink.

My nerves grew anxious now. "Ok, see ya"

__________________

comment, vote, fan please :)