2

In the realm of senior year, Ryn awoke to a hefty bout of senioritis. Her bed, a cozy abyss of comfort, coerced her into repeatedly pressing the snooze button with the fervor of a dedicated professional.

After a significant delay, she relinquished her bed's grasp, betrayed her mother's promise of punctuality, and embarked on the ritualistic scramble for the day's attire. As her prospects of timely arrival seemed bleak, a spark of hope ignited. Swift as a swooping bird of prey, Ryn retrieved her phone, summoning a Zuber – a vehicle that dared to defy gravity, resembling a car but without a need for a human conductor.

With her pulse racing, she felt the rush of excitement. The Zuber epitomized the future she'd often fantasized about, where cars took to the skies and time-honored rules were rewritten. In this world, no driver was required; technology was the pilot.

Sliding her bedroom window open, a rush of excitement washed over Ryn. The world beyond her room was calling, a blend of future and fantasy just waiting to be explored. Stepping onto the platform, she felt like she was entering a new realm.

Her Zuber was ready and waiting, its sleek design practically begging her to hop in. As she settled into the seat, her fingers brushed over the cool surfaces, tingling with anticipation. The canopy above was like a skylight to another world, and she couldn't wait to take off.

But reality had a different plan. The moment she fired up the Zuber, she was greeted with a baffling scene. The usually bustling airspace had turned into a weird sort of aerial traffic jam. Zubers, known for their nimble maneuvers, were just hanging there, suspended in midair. It was like they'd all forgotten how to move.

"No way," Ryn muttered under her breath, eyes wide with disbelief. She glanced around, half-hoping to see someone else who had a clue about what was going on. But everyone seemed as lost as she felt.

Determination took over, and Ryn pulled out her holographic watch. Its soft glow bathed her face as she tapped and swiped, seeking a way out of this surreal mess. Fingers danced over the holographic surface, and then it hit her. A route appeared, a clear path through the chaos. A grin tugged at her lips – she wasn't about to let this traffic puzzle win.

Fueled by a surge of confidence, Ryn's touch initiated the change. The Zuber responded, shifting from its stationary stance to a graceful glide. It was like a friend who had her back, ready to dance through the sky at her command.

The world transformed around her, and Denver revealed its night-time charm. Neon lights painted the city in vibrant hues, casting an otherworldly glow on her skin. Looking down, she saw the streets alive with activity, a heartbeat of energy echoing through the night.

Monolithic AI Models stood tall like guardians of the city, showing off flashy fashion ads that added a touch of futuristic flair to the scene. And as her Zuber joined the flow of vehicles, Ryn felt like a star in a cosmic parade. Among the countless lights, she was a shooting star, streaking through the city's dreamscape.

A flicker of light danced in the air before her, coalescing into the form of her friend Seven. His arms were crossed, a gesture of playful exasperation, and his head shook slightly in mock disapproval. "Where on earth are you, Ryn? Ms. Cambridge is going to have a field day."

Ryn's brows furrowed as she regarded the holographic projection of Seven. The urgency in his voice pricked at her curiosity. "I'm just about five minutes away. What's up with flight patrol today? It's like they've turned the skies into a circus."

The holographic Seven's eyes held a hint of amusement, a silent invitation to unravel the mystery. "You're not in the loop, huh?"

She met his gaze with an inquisitive tilt of her head. "Mind filling me in, then?"