Chapter 1: Applying

Magda opened her eyes to see the shining lights through the blinds on her window. It was time to start her day.

She looked around her bedroom. It wasn't the cleanest, but she wasn't really the cleanest person. She slowly rose and opened the blinds, reveiling the sun rising over the city. She always loved that view, and she wouldn't give it up for anything, but the apartment, she would take anything.

She got dressed in some casual Overalls/Jumpsuit with a white shirt underneath. It was one of her favourite outfits and accompanied with the Vans. These all combined to make her skinny body look great. It was perfect.

She looked in the mirror and smiled back at herself. She was happy with how she looked. Her straight, shoulder-length hair with that lovely hazelnut hair looked great in a clean bun in the back. After her observations, She began to do a little bit of makeup to look even better.

She had a little breakfast and headed out for the day.

While running some errands around town, she noticed a brand new restaurant near the main street.

Bearing the name 'Grassa and Co', it looked like a basic Millennial restaurant/cafe. But one little detail peaked her interest.

A 'Now Hiring' Sign on the front door.

Now, Magda was unemployed at the time, living off of a combination of the salary of her old job and the kindness of her family and friends to help her get back on her feet.

She tried to open the door, but it turned out the cafe was closed. But a little 'Contact here' box underneath the main text, she took a picture for later.

Around two in the afternoon, she returned to her apartment to look up that place. After an hour or two of researching, she decided to call up the place.

"Hi, Grassa and Co, This is Claire speaking, How may I help you?"

"Hi, I'm enquiring about your Now Hiring sign on the door."

"I'm guessing you're looking for a job as a Waitress/Barista?"

"Yeah, exactly."

"Perfect, when can you start?"

"Wait, is there no interview, or should I send in my resume?"

"No, there's no need. We just need a little information about you, and you can start working when we open."

"O...  ...kay?"

After a back and forth exchanging information, Magda was told to come in a day before opening to get the uniform and get a sense of everything that works.

Magda finally had a job, but little did she know what was to come.