𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

.• 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 •.

• 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 •

It was too quiet.
Only the sound of the wind and the churning of the bus's engine could be heard. People gazed out of the windows at the meandering countryside roads, an unsettling feeling causing them to shift in their seats.

It was evident by their stoic expressions that most of them weren't here by choice. You could see it their anxiety-ridden eyes as they looked down, afraid to make eye contact. You could see it in their shaky hands as they brushed the hair out of their faces. You could see it in the way they bounced their legs up and down in anticipation.

Old Fashioned was sitting quietly, wondering why they were even here. Their addiction was probably nothing compared to the rest of the people on the bus and yet they found themselves scratching at their hands. Itching for their next cigarette.

The uncomfortable silence was interrupted and they looked up to see the cause of the disruption.

"Stop the bus! I need to go home." Red wine yelled, hands trembling.
"I have siblings to look after, I can't just leave them."

"Sit down! You're making this harder than it needs to be." Cosmopolitan spoke up.

Red wine begrudgingly took a seat, hands rubbing their eyes from exhaustion.

"Hey, I get it. It's not easy but we don't have a choice y'know. We might as well keep an open mind." Piña Colada reassured .

Meanwhile Manhattan and Margarita sat beside each other, silence enveloping the back of the bus until they began a conversation. A topic that consisted mostly of complaints and a desperate longing to go home. Stuck here with similar addictions, the two of them found comfort in talking about it.

"Can you two please, be quiet? It's already agonising in here without all the depressing stories." Bellini rolled their eyes.

They mumbled a sorry, talking quieter from then on.

Bellini held their head in their hands, trying to fall asleep. Because anything was better than being sober and awake.

Daiquiri, on the other hand, was happy to get away from home. Away from the preying eyes of the family but that didn't mean they wanted to be 'helped'. A term that was often used when the topic of Daquiri came up during family gatherings. Everyone wanted Daquiri to get help. As if she was broken and needed fixing.

A bus of 24 students, alike in their misery. Turned into a narrow road, leading up to a giant camp. The sign looked rusty and worn out but somehow it still shone in the light of the sun.

Camp Crescent

🌙

Please tag 3 or more people for the rules page!