Chapter 10

( This chapter has a nonconsensual scene in it. while it is not described in detail, the warning is still here just in case. this is not meant to romanticize anything, and it's more of the author  at coping mechanism with their own trauma, and it's a long chapter. Thank you )

Akane stared at the cast list in front of her, mesmerized by the names. "Aqua," she whispered, "I guess we're working together again." Two other names stood out to her as well.

Arima Kana, which made her scowl, and then, in a minor role: Tamaki Yumena. She gazed at that last one for a while, remembering the night she had mysteriously appeared on the bridge over the highway. How had she gotten such a role anyway? She had never seen her act anything before. She searched for her name and only came up with her idol work.

She was a mystery in the acting world, so who had vouched for her to play in Tokyo Blade? She drummed her fingers thoughtfully on her desk, frowning. Perhaps Kaburagi had taken a liking to her after her and Ruby's appearances had spiked his views on that episode of LoveNow.

Of course the most popular episode had been the one where Akane had scratched Yuki, but that one was a close second. Akane hummed. "Tamaki Yumena, just who are you? And how are you everywhere?"

......

"Let me come!!" Ruby whined for probably the dozenth time.

"No," Aqua replied as he finished packing his day bag for going to the first meeting of Tokyo Blade.

"But you, Kana, and Yumena are going to be there. Plus I'd finally get to meet Akane!" Ruby protested.

"We're going to be working the whole time," Aqua insisted, "You would just get us in trouble by talking." He really didn't need Ruby there, distracting everyone and embarrassing him.

"We'll hang out with you later, Ruby," Kana said, "And I'll tell you all about it."

"That's not the saaaame!" Ruby complained, kicking her feet in her seat in displeasure.

Yumena entered the kitchen, taking a large gulp of water. "Okay, I'm ready," she announced.

"Yumena-chan, you want me there, don't you?" Ruby asked in a petulant voice, slinking further down in her seat at the table.

Yumena blinked. "Of course I do, but just because I'd want you there, doesn't mean anyone would let you be there," she pointed out sympathetically.

"Ugh, I guess you're right," Ruby relented with a deep, saddened sigh. "I guess you can all go have fun without me."

"It'll be hard work. It's not like we're all going to the mall together," Kana grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"I know..."

"I'll hang out with you after, Ruby. Just you and me. I'll buy you an ice cream." Yumena murmured, patting Ruby gently on the head. This perked her up, and she clung to Yumena.

"Yumena, you're the only one who cares about me," she mumbled, burying her face in Yumena's chest.

Yumena laughed awkwardly. "You know that's not true."

"Can we leave now? Or is your separation anxiety that bad?" Kana taunted.

Ruby turned her head toward Kana and pouted. "You're so warm, Yumena, let's stay like this for just a little longer."

"No, we don't have time," Aqua reminded her, growing impatient with Ruby's antics.

"Fine, fine. I'll see you all later," Ruby said, releasing Yumena.

Aqua waved to her before heading outside, Yumena and Kana following behind him.

"It's still really sad what happened to that teacher," Kana said as they got into the car. "She was my freshman English teacher."