Keeper of The Moon

As she face her opened palm at the calm, motionless lake, the water was attracted towards her palm like a magnet. She clapped her hand excitedly and giggled. She face her palm at the lake once again and it attracted the water once again. After that, she jumped around the lake with her opened palm and the water followed her every leap.

She clenched her fist at the sight of the caretaker. The caretaker smiled and carried the little girl into the cottage. Subsequently, she stood in front of the crystal clear mirror. The little girl looked at herself in the arms of her caretaker and at her flowy, silky purple hair. After that, her caretaker smiled and sat on the couch with the purple-haired girl on her lap. The caretaker looked at her and said, "Let me tell you a story."

"Many centuries ago, there lived two immortal sisters. They were each the keepers of the Sun and the Moon respectively. They both yield unspeakable power of their respective elements. But their powers cannot be wrongly used as there are deathly consequences and immortal punishments. The keeper of the Moon has a glimmering purple hair like stars surrounding the Moon. She is cheerful and loves to put a smile on others. One night, she noticed the humans looking high up at the moon in the night sky joyously. She turned to the sky and saw the glorious full moon surrounded by thousands of glimmering stars. She looked at her palm and thought, she could make the humans happy by using her powers. Every night, she would move the Moon to a position where it reflects the light from the Sun fully forming a full moon. One day, there was a solar eclipse. As the Moon cast it's shadow on to Earth, the surroundings went dark like night leaving a faint outline of light in the shape of the Moon. The keeper of the Moon thought it was night once again and tried to adjust the Moon. As she was adjusting the Moon, she noticed the outline of the light and immediately withdrew her powers. During a solar eclipse, the sister of the Sun and the Moon are forbidden to use their power or chaos will happen. Unfortunately, it was too late. The Moon moved closer and closer to the Earth's surface causing higher tides until the waters of the sea was washed ashore, engulfing the entire Earth. It wiped out the entire human population until none was left. The sister of the Moon knew she did a terrible mistake. She was carried away by the excitement without stopping to think of the consequences. The sister of the Sun appeared before her with sadness. The sister of the Moon knew she needed to be given a punishment equal to the consequences caused, execution. She knelt before her sister dared not to meet her sister's glassy eyes. For the first time, she saw a teardrop on the ground before her, it was her sister's. The keeper of the Moon closed her eyes and slowly, the thoughts of happiness faded, the smile on the people's face became foggy until she couldn't remember how it looked like. Her mind went blank. The keeper of the Sun looked at the ground where she turned her sister to specs of dust. Tears welled from deep inside and coursed down her cheeks."

"What a sorrowful story," said the little girl. The caretaker smiled and said, "But some said that the keeper of the Moon will reincarnate one day as a mortal human as the love of her sister dispersed from the tears into the dust of the fallen sister."

Thank you for reading one of my early stories! Really appreciate it!

I am still improving on my writing!