four

┍━

"𝑨𝑵𝒀𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑵 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑨𝑮𝑨𝑰𝑵,
𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑮𝑯 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬, 𝑩𝑼𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑮𝑯 𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑮𝑬."

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

He bursted through the front door, looking everywhere for the girl. That's when he heard struggling in the hedge rows, he quickly ran over and was met with a strange man, with a rope around Adelaide's neck, she was scratching and kicking, but he then restrained her arms. He watched as she slowly lost consciousness. Sherlock sneaked up, and quickly punched him across the head. Adelaide dropped to the floor and the man slowly got up, raising his fists at Sherlock. The man swung and Sherlock dodged it, right hooking him in the head, knocking him to the ground.
"Who do you work for?" He spat. The man only smiled. "England." He stated dramatically, he then took the gun to his own head. Sherlock gasping but not being quick enough to save him. The blood splattered everywhere, mainly on Adelaide, who was passed out beside the now deceased man.

He quickly knelt down beside Adelaide and checked her breathing, she was, but barely. There was a large mark on her neck, and her fists were cut from fighting back. He carefully picked her up and snuck around the estate to his carriage, so nobody would notice the girl. While he was in the carriage, he just stared at her. He couldn't help but feel strange. The best challenge he had in years was caught, and she was caught for the wrong reasons. She couldn't go home, usually in these cases, there is more than one assassin, someone could come after her, and she'd probably be exiled from her family after her stunt at the party. Which meant she'd have nowhere to go.

••●••

She felt the morning sunlight on her skin, but when she opened her eyes, she realised she had absolutely no clue as to where she was. Adelaide stayed as silent as she could. Her dress was still on her, though it was extremely dirty and tattered. Blood was splattered over it. There was a cloth that looked to have blood on it, the blood on her face. Someone must have cleaned it while she was asleep. Though her shoes were neatly placed beside the bed. She felt her neck, there was a large bruise and rope burn. The bed she laid on was comfortable, but definitely not one she'd ever seen, it made a creak as she moved and sat up. Then, Adelaide heard heavy footsteps, and she quickly laid back down and pretended she was sleeping.

"I'm a detective you know, I can tell when someone is fake sleeping." Adelaide groaned at his smart mouth and familiar voice. "So... what, are you gonna turn me in now, watch me get a strait jacket forced on and thrown into an asylum with your stupid grin?" Sherlock chuckled at her accusations. "I was going to, then I realised you probably won't be accepted back." He smirked while she faltered a little. It still hurt, even after being ignored by years, she was going to be officially banished from her own family. That hurt.