Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

This moment is relevant, bittersweet and delicate

Tomorrow may not come again

Tonight is all there is

"Alex... Wake up. We're here." Oliver's voice woke me up and I sat up in the passenger seat of his car. In front of me sat a small cabin that was covered in the December snow. Oliver had opened the door for me and he gave me a small smile as I looked at him.

"I fell asleep." I said, stating the obvious. Oliver just chuckled before offering his hand. I took it and he helped me out of the car. I shivered a little as the cold night air hit my skin, I had forgotten my jacket in my suitcase...

"You cold?" Oliver asked and I nodded. He shrugged off his jacket before draping it over my shoulders.

"How about you go wait inside and I'll get our bags." Oliver kisses my cheek and I do as I asked. I walk into the cabin, flicking on the lights with a tired smile. I was standing in a small living room, a small sofa sitting in front of a fireplace. There was a kitchen to my right and just past the living room was a short hallway. I walked around the sofa and went straight to the hallway. The first door was a bathroom and the door across from it was the bedroom. I walked into the bedroom before sitting down on the bed, beyond exhausted even though I had slept the whole car ride. I wasn't really sure how far away we were from home, but the quiet forest was definitely better than home...

"You like it?" Oliver asked, walking into the bedroom with his bag and mine in hand. He placed them down at the foot of the bed before smiling at me.

"It's very quiet. Where are we exactly?" I asked him, yawning before bending over the edge of the bed to reach my bag. I wasn't going to sleep in my jeans, that was going to be extremely uncomfortable.

"We're about two hours away from home." Oliver says, watching me as I opened up my bag.

"Isn't that a little uncomfortable?" He asked, arching his eyebrows at me as I hung off the edge of the bed.

"No?" I said, even though it came out as a question. Oliver was still watching me after I finally grabbed a pair of sweat pants.

"What?" I asked him, rolling off the bed as he continued to watch me. He just shrugs, not answering the question. I didn't really care though and walked into the bathroom to get dressed. When I came back, Oliver was already in bed. He was sitting against the headboard with his phone in hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, climbing into the bed with him.

"Just letting Dean know that I'm going to be MIA for the next few days." Oliver says before turning off his phone. I looked at him curiously as he did that.

"Why? What if something important happens?"

"Nothing is more important than you and bear... And I wanna spend as much time with the both of you as I can." Oliver smiles at me and I return it halfheartedly. Oliver sighs before pulling me into his arms, kissing the top of my head before reaching to the lamp on the bedside table.

"Let's get some sleep... We can talk in the morning." He says, but I wasn't really sure if it was just because he was tired.

---------

When I woke up again it was morning time, the daylight seeping in through the open curtains of the bedroom window. Oliver was already awake by the looks of it, his side of the bed completely empty. I sighed as I accepted the fact that I probably should get up myself. It was a struggle as I pulled myself out of the bed, and it was even harder not to climb back in as the cold air hit my bare skin. I didn't really care that I grabbed Oliver's sweater off the floor, throwing it on over the top of my shirt. I walked out of the bedroom to see Oliver in the kitchen, making what appeared to be pancakes.

"Morning." He greeted me, smiling as I sat down at the table.

"You're rather happy this morning." I said, arching my eyebrows at him as he continues to smile.

"Of course I am. I woke up next to you." Oliver winks and I could feel my cheeks start to get hot.

"You're such a cheese ball." I said, shaking my head but I still couldn't help but smile. I had missed days like this where it was just Oliver and I... no responsibilities , just the two of us together.

"I'm only a cheese ball for you babe." Oliver says, setting a plate of pancakes down in front of me. I thank him before grabbing the syrup he had placed on the table.

"So... What do you want to do today?" Oliver asked, taking a bite of his pancakes.

"Whatever you want to do." I said, shrugging as I poured the syrup onto my pancakes.

"Let's go build a snowman." Oliver said, making me look up at him. I arched my eyebrows at him again, wondering if he was actually being serious.

"What?" He asked, his mouth somewhat full.

"Are you serious?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're twenty-one Oliver... and you act like you're four." I spoke slowly, hoping that would add stress to my point. Oliver just looked at me like I was crazy.

"So? Maybe I'm young at heart."

"My god, you're just like my dad." I groaned, placing a hand on my forehead.

"I am not!"

----------------------------------

Filler filler, chicken dinner.... that's not right but it's close enough.

I don't have a lot to say tonight.

Except prepare for like cuteness overload next chapter.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx