Chapter Fifty Nine

Akina's POV

Akina's POV

It was now time for us to be heading to Hanging Neck Island for the Dark Tournament. I am currently in the room Lord Riku had provided me, packing up my things. I hear a knock on the door making me call back, "Come in." The door opens for Lord Riku's brother, Lord Kenichi, to walk in with Goro behind him.

Lord Kenichi was just like Lord Riku when it comes to training. He can be brutal when we our sessions were how to handle ruthless opponents, and would mainly be the tutor for Goro due to how Lord Riku doesn't wish to harm his grandson. Thankfully Lord Kenichi had stepped up to the plate without judging Lord Riku and had promised that if Goro was failing the sessions he would end it. The difference between the two is not just the appearance, but how well Lord Kenichi is entuned with the Black Market due to how convincing he can be to others and he is comfortable changing his appearance in a way that doesn't give away his title nor what type of Demon he is, whereas Lord Riku carries his title everywhere. This is why Lord Riku has asked Lord Kenichi to purchase a ticket to the Dark Tournament to keep an eye on us and provide additional training if he believes it's necessary.

 "Are you ready, young Urameshi?" Lord Kenichi asks me, making me nod and say, "I am ready to go." Lord Kenichi says, "Then let's go to Lord brother's garden, where a portal has been arranged." And with that he walks out of the room with me and Goro slowly following behind. "Are you ready for this?" Goro asks me, to which I reply, "No." Goro looks to me and gives me a small smile before saying, "Nor am I." This made me giggle a bit as we continued walking, until we walked through the stone archway that had black metal gates open.

Lord Riku's garden is well kept and has designated areas for each thing that grows. At the far back of the garden different types of trees grow. In an area to the left there was various flowers growing, whilst to the right was various veg growing. And lining the rest of the walls were bushes and wild vines. Apparently he had allowed his daughter to decorate Lord Riku's garden however she would like it, hence why Lord Riku makes sure that his gardeners take great care of it.

Lord Riku is sitting on a bench that is stationed in between two trees with a rug strangely placed on a patch of grass in front of him. "Good evening, Lord brother." Lord Kenichi greets his brother as he comes to a stop just a step away from the rug. "Thank you for this, Kenichi. And by the way, when mother isn't present you can just call me Riku." Lord Riku says with a small smile on his face. I see the shock on Lord Kenichi's eyes, making me conclude that he was raised under a strict rules to always be formal even to his own relatives, that he is not used to being told to be informal and personal. I'm glad I never got to meet Goro's great grandmother now. 

"As you are aware, I cannot go with you due to my responsibilities and how I will be unable to hold back my disgust on such an event. But thankfully, Kenichi has purchased a ticket and will keep you under his wing." Lord Riku says to us before gesturing towards the rug and says, "Under this rug is the portal all three of you will take, and it will drop you directly in front of the hotel that you and the rest of Team Urameshi will be staying at." This makes Goro ask, "Wait, how do you know where contestants have to stay?" This makes Lord Riku say, "Kenichi looked at the invitation that Akina was given and it has the location of where she will be staying. And when you enter, you will need to hand the invitation to the staff member, who will then lead you to the room you will be staying. Now any questions?" To which I ask, "Will Lord Kenichi be staying in the same accommodation as us?" Lord Kenichi turns to me and says, "Yes I will be in the same hotel, but will have a room elsewhere due to be a VIP member of the audience."